Old January 1st 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Even a Caveman could do it

Stefan Wolfe wrote:
Good one Dave. When you start "studying" for your general you will see how
dumbed down and simple it is and you might marvel at why the QPC would have
ever even bothered to commit such a "test" to publication. It may also occur
to you that, as the the Geico commercial says, it is so easy a caveman could
do it. Actually I would move back perhaps 25 million years earlier in the
evolutionary cycle and say it is so easy, even a monkey could do it.

Perhaps you have forgotten that the general class exam
is an *entrance exam* into the general class. It is not
supposed to be a GRE (Graduate Record Exam). I memorized
the answers to the general class exam from the ARRL License
Manual in 1953 when I was only 14 years old.

Q: What is the unit of resistance?

A: The unit of resistance is the ohm.

At the time, I had no clue what resistance was. But I
was really good at Morse Code so my technical ignorance
didn't matter.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com