Old January 3rd 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO N9NEO is offline

Default Ouch!

Stephan Grossklass wrote:
N9NEO schrieb:

I ordered the unit from Kaito for $141.73 Let me tell you that that is
a lot of money for a radio that costs about 57 dollars on Epay. I am
glad to have the conus warranty though. I see a few units have come
across with no audio on Yahoo group although I think one fixed itself.

I can only remember one set that suddenly lost audio, probably the power
amp IC failed (greets from bathtub curve). Who knows what the fussy one
had.

It comes with the KA33 (I think that is number) antenna. That is a
loop antenna that looks like the KA31 but does MW bamd as well and has
a coupling unit for the ferrite bar. I'm sure I will have fun with
radio and it has IF out for experiments with SSB and AM and so forth.

Ah, indeed, if you preorder the KA2100, you get the KA33 antenna along
with it at no extra cost. Given that the rx benefits from a selective
shortwave antenna anyway, not a bad idea at all. It remains to be seen
of how much benefit the MW part of the antenna is (the rx is no slouch
on the built-in ferrite antenna).

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
Kleinphi macht auch Mist - klar, Großphi ist lediglich die

Yes Stephan, I probably have overstated the failures. Sorry. I am
curious to see how supplied loop compares to my homebrew 4 foot loop on
MW.

More Later
NEO