Old January 2nd 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kaito KA2100 coming to U.S. (Redsun RP2100)

RHF wrote:
DC - Nice to see you posting here.

Let-Us-Do-The-Math :

1 - Redsun RP2100 Radio via eBay from China (PRC)
eBay Buy-It-Now Price $56.90
Plus China Mail Cost of $48.00
Equals a Total Price of $104.90

This is about $105 to get the Redsun RP2100 Radio
to your Door and all you have is a Mainland China
{Redsun} Warrenty that will cost you $48 to start
with to Mail it back to China. {Let the Fun Begin}

So... A Price of $130 in the USA for a Kaito KA2100
with a USA Warranty with return Mail within the USA
IMHO - Ain't Such A Bad Deal ! ~ RHF

May I State - In The Interest Of Full Disclosure :
I bought my Redsun RP2100 Radio via eBay
from China -and- I like it very much and feel
that it is a very good 'portable' AM & FM plus
Shortwave Radio with many quality features.

If you like the GE Superadio and the Grundig S350 Radios :
Then get the Redsun RP2100 Radio -and- get the best of both.

NOTES :
1 - I like it very much = Love It !
2 - Feel = Feelings* Are Facts.
* Because as Radio Enthusiasts :
"We" each have a Relationship with "Our" Radios.
.
.
. .

= = = On Jan 1, 4:42 pm, Dan Conti wrote:
You can buy the RP2100 from a VERY reputable dealer in China on eBay for
$56 bucks new, English labels and all. $130.00 is too much money.

Kaito are now offering the Redsun RP 2100 as the Kaito KA2100
see
http://www.kaitousa.com/KA2100.htm
Selling for $130

I have the RP2100 since August and highly recommend this radio for super
sound and very sensitive to weak signals on FM and MW
Great performer on SW as well. Solid, robust and well built

(Heads up thanks to Eric Weatherall, CA and DXinfo website)- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Is shipping really $48? I bought the DE1103 from China and I don't
recall spending that much. I am thinking of the RP2100 radio because
it has 455kHz out and would be good for detector experiments and I hear
sound is pretty good too.

73
NEO

Old January 2nd 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

N9NEO wrote:
RHF wrote:
[...]

Yes, I checked shipping on both. The Degen is 24 bucks and the Red Sun
is 48 bucks. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since both are
small packages.

Old January 2nd 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ouch!

I ordered the unit from Kaito for $141.73 Let me tell you that that is
a lot of money for a radio that costs about 57 dollars on Epay. I am
glad to have the conus warranty though. I see a few units have come
across with no audio on Yahoo group although I think one fixed itself.

It comes with the KA33 (I think that is number) antenna. That is a
loop antenna that looks like the KA31 but does MW bamd as well and has
a coupling unit for the ferrite bar. I'm sure I will have fun with
radio and it has IF out for experiments with SSB and AM and so forth.

73
N9NEO

JUST SAY NEO!

Old January 2nd 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

N9NEO schrieb:

I ordered the unit from Kaito for $141.73 Let me tell you that that is
a lot of money for a radio that costs about 57 dollars on Epay. I am
glad to have the conus warranty though. I see a few units have come
across with no audio on Yahoo group although I think one fixed itself.

I can only remember one set that suddenly lost audio, probably the power
amp IC failed (greets from bathtub curve). Who knows what the fussy one
had.

It comes with the KA33 (I think that is number) antenna. That is a
loop antenna that looks like the KA31 but does MW bamd as well and has
a coupling unit for the ferrite bar. I'm sure I will have fun with
radio and it has IF out for experiments with SSB and AM and so forth.

Ah, indeed, if you preorder the KA2100, you get the KA33 antenna along
with it at no extra cost. Given that the rx benefits from a selective
shortwave antenna anyway, not a bad idea at all. It remains to be seen
of how much benefit the MW part of the antenna is (the rx is no slouch
on the built-in ferrite antenna).

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
Kleinphi macht auch Mist - klar, Großphi ist lediglich die
Old January 3rd 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Stephan Grossklass wrote:
N9NEO schrieb:

[...]

Yes Stephan, I probably have overstated the failures. Sorry. I am
curious to see how supplied loop compares to my homebrew 4 foot loop on
MW.

More Later
NEO