Old January 20th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Those Old Study Guides

wrote:
How they compare to the current exams is a matter of opinion. IMHO
the old exams covered fewer subjects but covered them in much more
detail.

That's probably true. So do "we" want new hams to
have a broad-shallow knowledge or a narrow-deep
knowledge? Do "we" want Swiss Army Knife type hams
or quantum electrodynamic photon experts? I suggest
the former would be more valuable to the "service".

Seems to me that a ham who is a jack-of-all-trades-
and-master-of-none would be more valuable to the
"service" than one who is ignorant of most trades
and master of one.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com