Old January 26th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Antennas led astray

Cecil Moore wrote:
wrote:
The dollar is an arbitrary unit so why strive for accuracy in your paycheck?

How much did an ounce of gold cost in dollars one
year after the first super nova? That is the point
that you are missing.

But, I know you are just playing word games here.

Nope, you completely missed the point. Our seconds
are just as arbitrary as our dollars. Our dollars
didn't exist one year after the first super nova
and neither did our seconds.

How many times have I said standards are arbitrary, Cecil?

That the standards are arbitrary is irrelevant.

That the human defined unit of time called the second didn't exist before
humans defined it is irrelevant.

Time existed before humans and will continue to exist after humans are
long gone.

There is no such thing as a quanta of time.

The human defined unit of time called the second is simply a way to
measure time.

The universe existed for a very long time before humans came along and
defined a unit of time called the second and put a number related to
those units on it's age.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.