Old January 26th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Seven Years Ago Today

From: an_old_friend on Sun, Jan 21 2007 11:43 am

From: on Sun, Jan 21 2007 7:29 am

but turly Len you should consider it althought as I read your thoughts
of that date it is not yet time to take the test for you maybe the 24
of feb?

Mark, what I do in the future is MY business.

Show him, Len. You don't have to take any goading from Mark.
Keep that box closed if you want.

I should have
learned that the code-tested extra LOSERS of FCC 06-178 are
unscrupulous fabricators of LIES a long time ago.

Which item do you consider a lie, Leonard? Would it be the boast about
your getting the "Extra right out of the box". Are you denying that you
wrote those words?

At least
all those that have babbled on in here about my alleged
"promises" and "boasts" of SEVEN YEARS AGO.

The only time the word "promise" has cropped up, you were tap dancing
and saying something about your boast not having been a promise.

The facts in question are not alleged. You actually wrote the words and
made such a boast. It was foolish of you, but now you're stuck with 'em
and you're eating your words.

Especially that
transgendered pedantic prissy pansy who tried to make a
federal case out of a throwaway line in a newsgroup so many
years ago.

You must be confusing Jim with another poster to the newsgroup.

You didn't make a throwaway line when you boasted about getting the
"Extra right out of the box" any more than you used a throwaway line
when you commented to the FCC about setting a minimum age limit for
amateur radio licensings.

She never got my knuckles with her spanking
ruler. Maybe that's why she was so mad? :-)

You seem to be the one who is angry, Len. Are those the "message
knuckles" you've written of?

"Seven years ago" I would watch my mother die a little bit
every day in a nursing home. [she would pass on in early
2001] I had already converted her old bedroom into a home
office and my wife and I were enjoying a newly-rebuilt
kitchen make-over (total, including all new appliances)
that was just completed. Wife was beginning to assemble a
"trip notebook" for a planned sight-seeing, visiting, and
45th College class reunion in Wisconsin in early fall.
Was I really slavering over the promise of a ham call?
I don't think so.

Please don't attempt to gain any sympathy with the my-mother-was-dying
excuse. You had time to post here and to hurl your quota of insulting
remarks toward those who disagreed with you.

Now, according to the exaggerated FABRICATIONS of Jimmie
NOserve, it sounds like I had made some sort of pact with
my dying mother, as if promising I would "get an extra out
of the box" (if it was the last thing I did). Good grief,
the wasy Miccolis went at it, he was so overboard that the
USS Nautilus could never find him in a swimming pool!

Don't cloud the issue and attempt to reintroduce your mother into the
discussion. Your statements have not been exaggerated and they are
certainly not fabrications. You made them. Own up to them!

Good God, man. You're coming apart like Captain Queeg!

Did I "boast" anything? No,

Yes, you most assuredly did boast--and fell flat on your rump.

I think not because, given all
the requirements, I COULD have done it, even with a code
test. I say "could" because that had a high probability of
completion.

"Could have" and "did" are quite different. You might have done it, but
it isn't likely. The fact is, you never tried.

Much earlier I had gotten up to about 8 WPM
(when the minimum was 13) on morse code cognition and I had
passed my FCC First 'Phone exam in one sitting at an FCC
Field Office. But, "seven years ago," whatinhell was the
PURPOSE of spending my own time on bringing back code
cognition? To get an AMATEUR radio license so I could
"work HF" when I had already done that without a test
nearly a half century past?

Yep, that would have been the reason. It was the only way to obtain an
HF amateur radio license. You let the very thought of that
f i v e w o r d p e r m i n u t e code test keep you from acting.

Would it have been to add a
callsign behind my name? WHY?

Why? To use the "Extra right out of the box" on the amateur bands.

Thank you, I was already
secure enough in myself NOT to need some fancy-schmansy
amateur Titles to boast about or preen or tell tall tales
in front of other amateurs.

That's class "Fox and the Grapes" reasoning, Leonard.

I've had my regular-hours
work experience with its attendant titles and business
cards. On whatever design task I've done or been assigned
to, that work got done successfully.

You're confusing amateur radio with something you've done to earn a
living. You don't earn a living from amateur radio.

If I wanted to hear tall tales it was an easy matter to
join a local fraternal order and hang around their bar;
I'm not a fraternal order member and don't care to spend
lots of time drinking. If I wanted to see Moose or Elk
or little Kiwanis flapping their gums I would travel to
their natural habitat and observe them.

It's kind of a shame, Len. I have a hunch I could take you into an
American Legion Hall and have you clear the bar in about seven minutes.

most hams are not MMM and the MMM are going to be realy busy I suspect

I don't know "most hams" just about two dozen. The three
I know best all favor retention of the code test...yet we
still get along fine.

Did you ever make up insulting names for them when they disagree with
you. Did you ever make any of the kind of inflammatory statements
you're known for--the kind that would be apt to get you knocked on your
rump if you'd say them to a man's face?

Come in here, though, and the Mighty
Macho Morsemen are so damn "superior" to everyone else that
they can leap tall pile-ups at a single bound.

We don't know you like those fellows know you. We were strangers and
you attempted to take us in.

They are
the "gods of radio" and HAVE NO FLAWS!

You'll soon change your mind. With me it was "You're a god of radio",
"you're no god of radio", "You're a god of radio." It seemed never ending.

They are all self-
described GENIUSES of English syntax and spelling (if not
of the Hunnish language which one apparently writes...even
if there was no recording of that ancient tongue)...they are
Masters of Correction, or rather "correction carnivores,"
eager to seize the slightest mistake or typo and shout to
the world (that they perceive) that the corrected party is
UNFIT for all. They will NEVER admit their own flaws of
English and try to put the blame on their accusers if
they are caught at it. Is THAT what modern US radio
amateurs are all about?

You're jerking us around, right? You see a connection between your
mistakes in the use of the language here in a newsgroup and what radio
amateur do on the ham bands?

If so, I want NO part of it. If
so, only masochists would want to join it.

As Mark Morgan.

But, as an optimist (not the fraternal order), I think there
might be some hope for a FUN HOBBY of amateur radio. Little
pockets of activity here and there where a few folks are
actually enjoying radio for radio's sake...NOT because some
strident (unofficial) "boss" tries to beat them into
submission to the "bosses" idea of what they "should" do.

Oh it is a grand thing, Len. There are little pockets of well-dressed
individuals at the old brick lodge hall most evenings. Most gather by
the roaring fire, sipping their mulled cider and snickering under their
breath.

I'm not going to fall for the "bosses" emotional-baggage
chastisement of "failing" to get a ham license or any of
that bull****.

Oh? So you actually passed an exam and got that Extra Class ticket?

Thanks but I've had a whole successful
career in radio-electronics and its been (and still is)
lots of fun in itself. If these "bosses" want to rummage
around in their FANTASY of being Gods of Radio as code-
tested extras, they can go right ahead making fools of
themselves.

Get it straight, Leonid: The "gods of radio" thing is *your* fantasy.
You enjoy it and leave me out of it. You never seem to make up your
mind which way it goes.

I can't control them but I CAN try to show
them and others how damn foolish they really are.

Well, you've certainly given us a number of demonstrations on how to be
immature and foolish.

WHAT are the Mighty Macho Morsemen going to be "busy"
about? Sitting around in here trying to spank those who
don't care for morse code mode?

I think most of us are planning to hit the new moderated group. What
will you be doing now that your self-appointment as
advocate-for-something-or-other is coming to an end?

Calling non-coders
names? [they've had LOTS of practice at that] Pretending
they are ruff tuff Dill Instructors chewing out recruits?
[they've had LOTS of practice at that, too] Most of them
seem busy, busy, busy at exaggerating their own
experiences (if not telling outright lies). Let them.
It's the only "life" they seem to have.

No one can top your artillery barrage tale, Leonard. That gets my vote
for whopper of the decade!

Dave K8MN