Old January 23rd 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Seven Years Ago Today

From: on Mon, Jan 22 2007 10:00 pm

On 22 Jan 2007 21:49:05 -0800, "
From: on Mon, Jan 22 2007 4:50 pm
On 22 Jan 2007 16:42:18 -0800, wrote:
wrote:
Chris wrote:
On 21 Jan 2007 14:13:47 -0800, wrote:

Nobody believes your claim of "just wanting to END the code test"

wrong again I beleive meaning your claim nobody bleives is well a lie

Mark, Jimmie's comments about me are neither "lie" nor "truth."

sorry there I will say you are wrong he is lying: he is making a
statement that is provable flase and that he knows or should know is
false

Welp, we differ. :-) I was trying to be kind. Doing
that about Jimmie gave me a bad taste in the mouth...

The poor guy gets a hard one every time his browser shows my
name on the day's messages. He's just "not with it." :-)

that too

When he sees my name (or anyone who has "wronged" him, he gets
a correction orgasm going and his hand trembles, wanting to
ruler-spank the knuckles of what she thinks are "children."

yep he does do that

He gets a tad irrational at times, as witnessed by his trading
his Nun of the Above character for Judge Judy. [still trans-
gendering but if he likes it, fine...all kinds of folks like
that here in LA...:-) ]

a tad irational I must presume you are being kind

I be that... ptui...blech...

no wait he is occasionaly merely a tad irational sometime he is out
there with Charley Manson

Ahem...Manson had girl groupies that he slept with...

long, long pause while that sinks in with others...

Now, I have to admit that actually DOING amateur radio, all
nice, legal, and proper like MIGHT be a fun thing in retirement
but the "Judges" (besides Jimmie-Judy) insist I must fall into
ranks, march right along to their commands, salute them and
call them SIR and other bull****. Sorry, been there, done
that, got three-up and one-down of an E-5 to do that nice,
legal, and proper. :-) If anyone wants to "question" that,
they can "get in front of the tube" (in LAPD parlance). :-)

just blow him off and do it it will be fun if nothing else to watch
his reaction if you did it (not to mention Heil's or MadDog of the
thousand callsigns

NOT for those reasons, Mark. Thank you all the same but
there must be SOME respect for the amateur radio service
of the United States...even if some of its members are
total, blind-follower assholes cranking themselves up on
pedestals of self-defined glory and grandeur. :-)

These Faithfull Followers of the Church of St. Hiram can have
their morsemanship, marry it, have sex with it, live with it
forever for all I care. Ain't on my desire list to RE-CREATE
the radio world of the 1930s. I just don't believe that ANY
newcomers have to test for morse code cognition...just because
a bunch of mentally-old codgers with morse on their brains
try to force them into that. NOBODY made them "officials"
or Moses Part II, the keeper of the radio tablets...but
they've gone into some burning bush and been consumed by the
CONTROL fire! They are control-freaks mightily engaged in
showing the unbelievers the "glory of their cause" as the
self-appointed, self-anointed Guardians of the Olde Wayes.

Reminds me of what an acolyte of Moses said when he came
down from the mountain, "Our headaches are gone...here
comes Moses with the tablets!"

so please don't do morse no need anymore

indeed it get hard to do if you want to unless you are chasing contact
with countries that have no people

The USA *must* have code-proficient amateurs! They are
our only salvation in case of Alien Invasion from
Outer Space! :-)

now yes along the way Len has made comments on the other ARS matter so
wht

Jimmie NOserve NO like dat. He wants to Control others,
"make" them respect His Works. He refuses to acknowledge
that He is NOT a god and won't admit he has faults (some
of his faults might rival San Andreas)...but he LOVES to
nit-pick and find fault with those who disagree with him.
WOW does he LOVE to that! He loves to pull things out of
context, make them APPEAR as if they were the Most Immoral
Things Done By Man!

indeeed he does

He's still trying. [he was very trying for years...]

Judge Judy und der Uber Oberst are obsessed with eliminating
the rights of US citizens to speak to the US government on
ANY matter that They decide is "proper." The poor dears
ought to understand that US amateur radio does NOT "belong"
to Them nor does talking about it be EXCLUSIVELY limited
ONLY to already-licensed amateurs. Tsk, they never "owned"
it and neither had one single solitary "official" standing
in anything but their own doo-doo.

why do you have a problem with that (not realy expecting an answer

Mark, you will NEVER get a coherent, valid answer on that.

I knowI know

you I know I know I know we are a very knowledgeable group

(you reconize what I am lifting?)

Yes...heh heh heh heh heh. Too bad we don't have binaries
in here! :-)

He will turn that on its ear and wind up blaming you for
having the temerity to even ask such a thing! Jimmie have
deciduous delusions (if not dementia with his mental
leaves already fallen) of grandeur since He "is always
right" and any opposing him are "always wrong."

and I can just tell him FU

Tsk, he will get SO upset! [he won't know what it means]

He never found ByteBrothers either and never learned what
that really means. Poor innocent babe in da woods.

He got flipped the bird. Poor guy doesn't understand WHY.

LA

Old January 23rd 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Tues, Jan 23 2007 9:35 am

On 22 Jan 2007 23:11:32 -0800, "
From: on Mon, Jan 22 2007 10:00 pm
On 22 Jan 2007 21:49:05 -0800, "
From: on Mon, Jan 22 2007 4:50 pm
wrote:
Chris wrote:
On 21 Jan 2007 14:13:47 -0800, wrote:

Nobody believes your claim of "just wanting to END the code test"

wrong again I beleive meaning your claim nobody bleives is well a lie

Mark, Jimmie's comments about me are neither "lie" nor "truth."

sorry there I will say you are wrong he is lying: he is making a
statement that is provable flase and that he knows or should know is
false

Welp, we differ. :-) I was trying to be kind. Doing
that about Jimmie gave me a bad taste in the mouth...

ah I see did not think you had it inyu to be kind to jim

I just "turn the other cheek"...after dropping my pants. :-)

The poor guy gets a hard one every time his browser shows my
name on the day's messages. He's just "not with it." :-)

that too

When he sees my name (or anyone who has "wronged" him, he gets
a correction orgasm going and his hand trembles, wanting to
ruler-spank the knuckles of what she thinks are "children."

yep he does do that

He gets a tad irrational at times, as witnessed by his trading
his Nun of the Above character for Judge Judy. [still trans-
gendering but if he likes it, fine...all kinds of folks like
that here in LA...:-) ]

a tad irational I must presume you are being kind

I be that... ptui...blech...

of course

no wait he is occasionaly merely a tad irational sometime he is out
there with Charley Manson

Ahem...Manson had girl groupies that he slept with...

yea Jim sleeps with code keys, and people say I am strange

Hmmm...there's a thought...I'll call up Kevin Costner
and suggest a sequel set in the 1930s...it could have
the title of "Sleeping With Code Keys!" :-)

just blow him off and do it it will be fun if nothing else to watch
his reaction if you did it (not to mention Heil's or MadDog of the
thousand callsigns

NOT for those reasons, Mark. Thank you all the same but
there must be SOME respect for the amateur radio service
of the United States...even if some of its members are
total, blind-follower assholes cranking themselves up on
pedestals of self-defined glory and grandeur. :-)

but many of us are not like Jim (or the ARSwould be truly doomed

Many in the whole electronics industry are NOT like him,
either! :-)

The USA *must* have code-proficient amateurs! They are
our only salvation in case of Alien Invasion from
Outer Space! :-)

my pc and your can truly save in that event

Heh heh heh...I'm not losing any sleep over "alien
invaders from outer space."

Not losing any sleep about mighty morse hitting the
dust, either, but all those whose self-defined
bragging rights are inexorably tied to that are
experiencing a miniature version of The End Of The
World! [as they know it]

now yes along the way Len has made comments on the other ARS matter so
wht

Jimmie NOserve NO like dat. He wants to Control others,
"make" them respect His Works. He refuses to acknowledge
that He is NOT a god and won't admit he has faults (some
of his faults might rival San Andreas)...but he LOVES to
nit-pick and find fault with those who disagree with him.
WOW does he LOVE to that! He loves to pull things out of
context, make them APPEAR as if they were the Most Immoral
Things Done By Man!

indeeed he does

He's still trying. [he was very trying for years...]

extremely trying

Him und der Uber Oberst. Yapping about "interested all
your life in ham radio and NEVER GOT AN AMATEUR
LICENSE!" Oh the SHAME on me! Oh the IMMORALITY
of that! :-) :-)

Tsk, some self-appointed Gods of Radio are abysmally
ignorant, dysfunctional, and petty.

They were busy, busy, busy doing heavy lifting of
EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE hoping it got delivered. It didn't,
wasn't addressed to me. But, (at least for Jimmie),
they don't understand that I live in reality, not in
their little fantasy world where the only radio that
exists is amateur radio and radiotelegraphy.

Have you seen the postings by "the man of a thousand
callsigns?" He was busy, busy, busy too, trying to
handle the same misaddressed emotional baggage. He
"never did anything wrong," either...according to his
claims. Instead he tries to use "age" as a factor.
Poor braggart, he couldn't handle exposure before and
he can't handle it now. Small men with smaller
accomplishments trying to be "big."

He will turn that on its ear and wind up blaming you for
having the temerity to even ask such a thing! Jimmie have
deciduous delusions (if not dementia with his mental
leaves already fallen) of grandeur since He "is always
right" and any opposing him are "always wrong."

and I can just tell him FU

Tsk, he will get SO upset! [he won't know what it means]

He never found ByteBrothers either and never learned what
that really means. Poor innocent babe in da woods.

He got flipped the bird. Poor guy doesn't understand WHY.

that is sad part in jim's case I truly beleive he does not understand
why

That IS the tragedy. He wants to be the "newsbringer"
as if there are no other sources open for all on radio
news. He wants to be some kind of "director" of US
amateur radio and dictate who should do what yet he
isn't with the ARRL. He wants to be an "insider" to
the FCC yet has never been IN the FCC. He wants to
impress others that he is "in" the electronics industry
yet cannot openly state exactly WHAT he works on even if
he doesn't name his employer. He tries to bluff off that
he is a "radio manufacturer" yet hasn't given ANY sort
of description of those "radios." He wants to be a
"military expert" yet has not one microsecond worth of
experience with any military branch.

Lots and lots of BLUFF and half-truths. He is a clone
of braggart-bully Robesin but with much better English.

Tsk, he gets upset when so few believe him, fewer still
who fail to respect him. NOT a good role model for the
US amateur radio community.

Only one day more to read the 06-178 Report & Order and
find out when the code test goes bye-bye.

Not to worry, Paul Schleck, let the morsemen
"moderators" relax a bit. :-) Your "moderated"
kaffeklatsch of olde tymers can continue with
Days of Yesteryear kvetching.

LA

Old January 25th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Jan 21, 5:37*pm, "
From: *an_old_fiend on Sun, Jan 21 2007 11:43 am
From: on Sun, Jan 21 2007 7:29 am
Then he would be perfect as a new ham.

* *Absolutely NOT! *I don't bow down and genuflect in front
* *of some dumb**** extra control-freaks demanding Instant
* *Obediance to Their Majesties. *Especially the ego-
* *inflated ex-government employee types who spend all their
* *time trying to beat on all others who don't agree with
* *Them.

but turly Len you should consider it althought as I read your thoughts
of that date it is not yet time to take the test for you maybe the 24
of feb?* *

Mark, what I do in the future is MY business. *I should have
learned that the code-tested extra LOSERS of FCC 06-178 are
* *unscrupulous fabricators of LIES a long time ago. *

So far, Lennie, the "unscrupulous fabricators of LIES" has been
PROVEN to be you, Morkie and Brain.

Especially you and Morkie. Brain is content to try and make
himself look like the insulted intelligencia he wishes he were. Truth
is is just insulting.

At least
* *all those that have babbled on in here about my alleged
* *"promises" and "boasts" of SEVEN YEARS AGO. *

There's nothing "alleged" about it, Lennie.

You stated you were going to do something taht you didn't do.
There were kids who obtained their licenses in elementary school who
have since graduated High School since you made that assertion.

Especially that
* *transgendered pedantic prissy pansy who tried to make a
* *federal case out of a throwaway line in a newsgroup so many
* *years ago. *She never got my knuckles with her spanking
* *ruler. *Maybe that's why she was so mad?

Seems you've got a real problem with getting spanked, Lennie. You
subject yourself to it over and over.

* *"Seven years ago" I would watch my mother die a little bit
* *every day in a nursing home. *[she would pass on in early
* *2001] *I had already converted her old bedroom into a home
* *office and my wife and I were enjoying a newly-rebuilt
* *kitchen make-over (total, including all new appliances)
* *that was just completed. *Wife was beginning to assemble a
* *"trip notebook" for a planned sight-seeing, visiting, and
* *45th College class reunion in Wisconsin in early fall.
* *Was I really slavering over the promise of a ham call?
* *I don't think so.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

YOU have alleged to be able to walk into ANY VE session with a
minutes notice and be able to pass an Amateur exam.

No doubt there was a "spare" 60 minutes you could have afforded on
the way to the Nursing Home or going to the hardware store to stop by
the club meeting and take the test in those seven years.

You haven't.

You can't.

* *Now, according to the exaggerated FABRICATIONS of Jimmie
* *NOserve, it sounds like I had made some sort of pact with
* *my dying mother, as if promising I would "get an extra out
* *of the box" (if it was the last thing I did). *Good grief,
* *the wasy Miccolis went at it, he was so overboard that the
* *USS Nautilus could never find him in a swimming pool!

No doubt any "pact" you make with anyone isn't worth the air you
utter it with, Lennie.

* *Did I "boast" anything? *No, I think not because, given all
* *the requirements, I COULD have done it, even with a code
* *test. *I say "could" because that had a high probability of
* *completion....(SNIP OF REST OF EXCUSES AND BOASTS)

More lies...More boasting. More excuses.

You're lame, incompetent, untrustworthy, deceitful and lazy.
Period.

And those are my LIBERAL opinions of you.

A loser.

Here's to (never) seeing you on the air, Creepy One.

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 26th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Sun, Jan 21 2007 7:29 am

The dusty box remains unopened. No attempt has yet been made to open
it. The empty boast has yet to be fulfilled.
Dave K8MN
I have an ARX2B like that.
Great. Did you boast that you were going to open it seven years ago?

Why no, Dave. I boasted that I was going to purchase it seven years
ago.

:-)

When it does get opened, it will be as if new.
Maybe it will be; maybe it won't be. You won't know for certain until
you open it.

Why wouldn't it be perfect? It's never been opened, and the box is
intact.

It won't be "perfect" unless the Foremost Authority deems
it perfect. [when he takes off his little red hat, puts
down the tin cup when organ-grinder Miccolis takes a break]

Maybe it will be perfect; maybe it won't be. It won't be known until
that box is opened. You have a different situation, Len. You made a
boast on which you didn't follow through.

Is the World's Greatest DXer suggesting that Cushcraft products are
defective or have poor quality control?

Hee hee hee...World's Greatest DXer prolly thot that you
had some kind of furrin' callsign or experimental license.
:-)

When you fellows see him, give him my regards.

And rest assured, I can open it at any time.
Len is in his eighth decade of life.

Correction: FIRST CENTURY! :-)

What are you now, Len--74 or so? You wasted seven years in which you
might have enjoyed amateur radio and you received catcalls for your
empty boast.

Then he would be perfect as a new ham.

Absolutely NOT! I don't bow down and genuflect in front
of some dumb**** extra control-freaks demanding Instant
Obediance to Their Majesties.

Feel free to keep the box closed, Len.

Especially the ego-
inflated ex-government employee types who spend all their
time trying to beat on all others who don't agree with
Them.

Are you an ego-inflated, ex-government employee type, Leonard? You've
certainly spent a lot of your time trying to beat on all others who
don't agree with you.

He could even apply through the
Vanity Call System and get an old-timey callsign so people would think
he was an old hand at this amateur stuff...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yes, I COULD do that.

Ha, ha. You might have been able to obtain a license. Maybe you
wouldn't have been able to do so. We'll never know.

But I won't.

I believe you, Len. You have me convinced.

I started out in radio "at this military stuff" then
"at this commercial stuff" and never really got around
to "this amateur (licensed) stuff." Over a half
century ago. Herr Oberst doesn't like that.

Well, Foghorn, I don't think you could sell anyone that I don't like it
that you got into military radio 50+ years back, got into commercial
radio and never got into amateur radio. Next year will make forty years
since I joined the military. Of course I'd already been a radio amateur
for a number of years prior to that. I'd already worked in FM broadcast
radio as well. I had a career as a civilian in government communications
afterward. One of the big differences between us is that I acted upon
my desire to become a radio amateur. You didn't.

In fact,
Herr Oberst has a hate hard-on for anyone talking
against, or anyone NOT following his "superior" orders
like HOW It Should Be Done.

Which orders have I issued, Major Hoople? You declared an interest in
amateur radio. You made the boast of the "Extra right out of the box".
You failed to follow through. Don't blame me for your failures.

Herr Robust and his
organ-grinding pal, Jimmie NOserve (the one who has
a hate memory like an effluent), birds of a feather
(who just can't fly very far).

It's like this, Leonid: You can't behave in a civil manner. You aren't
a participant in amateur radio. You are a sidewalk superintendent. You
serve no purpose, no function in amateur radio. Jim has an excellent
memory for recalling your comments to the FCC and your gaffes, boasts,
errors and fabrications here. You don't like that at all.

I now regard Heil and Miccolis as in the same league
as Robesin. All that "elite" little group can do is
to sit around and hate all those who don't agree with
them.

I've never been interested enough in your doings to hate you, Len.
I find you irritating and pompous in a field in which you are not a player.

All must follow - explicitly - what They Say
or be the target of all sorts of character assassination
attempts for years and years afterwards.

This is all quite easy to understand, Leonid old boy. You get as you
give. You make up insulting names. You receive insulting names. You
denigrate. You receive denigration. I'm absolutely certain that your
character has not been assassinated here in this newsgroup. There are
enough of your posts archived to validate any insult tossed your way.

To paraphrase your owns recent words to another: You should LEARN to
take it or maybe just get some of those Mexican ********.

I don't think
that is the express purpose of US amateur radio...but
those three certainly act like it is in hundreds of
their postings in here.

This newsgroup isn't amateur radio. If it were, you couldn't
participate here either.

There are limits on his ability to
open the box containing his Extra Class license.

Perhaps Handi-Hams could lend a box-cutter.

Thanks but I have one. Used it last time to open the
boxes that contained a Roomba and Scooba. [wife got
her own Christmas present, paid for it by credit card
through the Internet] They work just fine, but it is
beyond their cleaning ability to clean up all the ****
that those snivelling little sore code-test losers
leave in here.

Maybe you and the wife can get a refund.

If I need ****-cutters, all I have to do is come in
here and read the "superior" postings by code-tested
extras extolling their mighty radio pioneerings of the
past through dumpster diving and organ grinding.

You really need to find something to do with your empty hours, Len.

Dave K8MN
Old January 26th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: an_old_friend on Sun, Jan 21 2007 11:43 am

From: on Sun, Jan 21 2007 7:29 am

but turly Len you should consider it althought as I read your thoughts
of that date it is not yet time to take the test for you maybe the 24
of feb?

Mark, what I do in the future is MY business.

Show him, Len. You don't have to take any goading from Mark.
Keep that box closed if you want.

I should have
learned that the code-tested extra LOSERS of FCC 06-178 are
unscrupulous fabricators of LIES a long time ago.

Which item do you consider a lie, Leonard? Would it be the boast about
your getting the "Extra right out of the box". Are you denying that you
wrote those words?

At least
all those that have babbled on in here about my alleged
"promises" and "boasts" of SEVEN YEARS AGO.

The only time the word "promise" has cropped up, you were tap dancing
and saying something about your boast not having been a promise.

The facts in question are not alleged. You actually wrote the words and
made such a boast. It was foolish of you, but now you're stuck with 'em
and you're eating your words.

Especially that
transgendered pedantic prissy pansy who tried to make a
federal case out of a throwaway line in a newsgroup so many
years ago.

You must be confusing Jim with another poster to the newsgroup.

You didn't make a throwaway line when you boasted about getting the
"Extra right out of the box" any more than you used a throwaway line
when you commented to the FCC about setting a minimum age limit for
amateur radio licensings.

She never got my knuckles with her spanking
ruler. Maybe that's why she was so mad? :-)

You seem to be the one who is angry, Len. Are those the "message
knuckles" you've written of?

"Seven years ago" I would watch my mother die a little bit
every day in a nursing home. [she would pass on in early
2001] I had already converted her old bedroom into a home
office and my wife and I were enjoying a newly-rebuilt
kitchen make-over (total, including all new appliances)
that was just completed. Wife was beginning to assemble a
"trip notebook" for a planned sight-seeing, visiting, and
45th College class reunion in Wisconsin in early fall.
Was I really slavering over the promise of a ham call?
I don't think so.

Please don't attempt to gain any sympathy with the my-mother-was-dying
excuse. You had time to post here and to hurl your quota of insulting
remarks toward those who disagreed with you.

Now, according to the exaggerated FABRICATIONS of Jimmie
NOserve, it sounds like I had made some sort of pact with
my dying mother, as if promising I would "get an extra out
of the box" (if it was the last thing I did). Good grief,
the wasy Miccolis went at it, he was so overboard that the
USS Nautilus could never find him in a swimming pool!

Don't cloud the issue and attempt to reintroduce your mother into the
discussion. Your statements have not been exaggerated and they are
certainly not fabrications. You made them. Own up to them!

Good God, man. You're coming apart like Captain Queeg!

Did I "boast" anything? No,

Yes, you most assuredly did boast--and fell flat on your rump.

I think not because, given all
the requirements, I COULD have done it, even with a code
test. I say "could" because that had a high probability of
completion.

"Could have" and "did" are quite different. You might have done it, but
it isn't likely. The fact is, you never tried.

Much earlier I had gotten up to about 8 WPM
(when the minimum was 13) on morse code cognition and I had
passed my FCC First 'Phone exam in one sitting at an FCC
Field Office. But, "seven years ago," whatinhell was the
PURPOSE of spending my own time on bringing back code
cognition? To get an AMATEUR radio license so I could
"work HF" when I had already done that without a test
nearly a half century past?

Yep, that would have been the reason. It was the only way to obtain an
HF amateur radio license. You let the very thought of that
f i v e w o r d p e r m i n u t e code test keep you from acting.

Would it have been to add a
callsign behind my name? WHY?

Why? To use the "Extra right out of the box" on the amateur bands.

Thank you, I was already
secure enough in myself NOT to need some fancy-schmansy
amateur Titles to boast about or preen or tell tall tales
in front of other amateurs.

That's class "Fox and the Grapes" reasoning, Leonard.

I've had my regular-hours
work experience with its attendant titles and business
cards. On whatever design task I've done or been assigned
to, that work got done successfully.

You're confusing amateur radio with something you've done to earn a
living. You don't earn a living from amateur radio.

If I wanted to hear tall tales it was an easy matter to
join a local fraternal order and hang around their bar;
I'm not a fraternal order member and don't care to spend
lots of time drinking. If I wanted to see Moose or Elk
or little Kiwanis flapping their gums I would travel to
their natural habitat and observe them.

It's kind of a shame, Len. I have a hunch I could take you into an
American Legion Hall and have you clear the bar in about seven minutes.

most hams are not MMM and the MMM are going to be realy busy I suspect

I don't know "most hams" just about two dozen. The three
I know best all favor retention of the code test...yet we
still get along fine.

Did you ever make up insulting names for them when they disagree with
you. Did you ever make any of the kind of inflammatory statements
you're known for--the kind that would be apt to get you knocked on your
rump if you'd say them to a man's face?

Come in here, though, and the Mighty
Macho Morsemen are so damn "superior" to everyone else that
they can leap tall pile-ups at a single bound.

We don't know you like those fellows know you. We were strangers and
you attempted to take us in.

They are
the "gods of radio" and HAVE NO FLAWS!

You'll soon change your mind. With me it was "You're a god of radio",
"you're no god of radio", "You're a god of radio." It seemed never ending.

They are all self-
described GENIUSES of English syntax and spelling (if not
of the Hunnish language which one apparently writes...even
if there was no recording of that ancient tongue)...they are
Masters of Correction, or rather "correction carnivores,"
eager to seize the slightest mistake or typo and shout to
the world (that they perceive) that the corrected party is
UNFIT for all. They will NEVER admit their own flaws of
English and try to put the blame on their accusers if
they are caught at it. Is THAT what modern US radio
amateurs are all about?

You're jerking us around, right? You see a connection between your
mistakes in the use of the language here in a newsgroup and what radio
amateur do on the ham bands?

If so, I want NO part of it. If
so, only masochists would want to join it.

As Mark Morgan.

But, as an optimist (not the fraternal order), I think there
might be some hope for a FUN HOBBY of amateur radio. Little
pockets of activity here and there where a few folks are
actually enjoying radio for radio's sake...NOT because some
strident (unofficial) "boss" tries to beat them into
submission to the "bosses" idea of what they "should" do.

Oh it is a grand thing, Len. There are little pockets of well-dressed
individuals at the old brick lodge hall most evenings. Most gather by
the roaring fire, sipping their mulled cider and snickering under their
breath.

I'm not going to fall for the "bosses" emotional-baggage
chastisement of "failing" to get a ham license or any of
that bull****.

Oh? So you actually passed an exam and got that Extra Class ticket?

Thanks but I've had a whole successful
career in radio-electronics and its been (and still is)
lots of fun in itself. If these "bosses" want to rummage
around in their FANTASY of being Gods of Radio as code-
tested extras, they can go right ahead making fools of
themselves.

Get it straight, Leonid: The "gods of radio" thing is *your* fantasy.
You enjoy it and leave me out of it. You never seem to make up your
mind which way it goes.

I can't control them but I CAN try to show
them and others how damn foolish they really are.

Well, you've certainly given us a number of demonstrations on how to be
immature and foolish.

WHAT are the Mighty Macho Morsemen going to be "busy"
about? Sitting around in here trying to spank those who
don't care for morse code mode?

I think most of us are planning to hit the new moderated group. What
will you be doing now that your self-appointment as
advocate-for-something-or-other is coming to an end?

Calling non-coders
names? [they've had LOTS of practice at that] Pretending
they are ruff tuff Dill Instructors chewing out recruits?
[they've had LOTS of practice at that, too] Most of them
seem busy, busy, busy at exaggerating their own
experiences (if not telling outright lies). Let them.
It's the only "life" they seem to have.

No one can top your artillery barrage tale, Leonard. That gets my vote
for whopper of the decade!

Dave K8MN