Old January 29th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default Need a couple items for HQ-170

"wb5kcm" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am in the process of refurbishing a HQ-170 I bought on
Ebay. I am
making some progress but I ran into a couple bad parts.

Need:
1. T12 1.8 - 2.0 MC Antenna Coil
2. T28 60 KC BFO Coil

If you have these or one of these or know where I can
obtain these,
please let me know.

Thanks, Randy, WB5KCM

I don't know of any accelerated life tests on silk.
Longevity of paper prints depends on the colorantes used in
the ink. The longest lived prints are made from ink
containing pigments rather than dyes. While some dyes are
quite stable none are as stable as really stable pigments.
Some of the degradation of the prints is due to exposure
to ultra-violet light but there also appear to be chemical
effects so the support has a definite effect. You might
check to see if Henry wilhelm has done any testing with base
materials other than paper.

http://www.wilhelm-research.com/

--
---