Old January 28th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Need a couple items for HQ-170

I am in the process of refurbishing a HQ-170 I bought on Ebay. I am
making some progress but I ran into a couple bad parts.

Need:
1. T12 1.8 - 2.0 MC Antenna Coil
2. T28 60 KC BFO Coil

If you have these or one of these or know where I can obtain these,
please let me know.

Thanks, Randy, WB5KCM

Old January 29th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"wb5kcm" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am in the process of refurbishing a HQ-170 I bought on
Ebay. I am
making some progress but I ran into a couple bad parts.

Need:
1. T12 1.8 - 2.0 MC Antenna Coil
2. T28 60 KC BFO Coil

If you have these or one of these or know where I can
obtain these,
please let me know.

Thanks, Randy, WB5KCM

I don't know of any accelerated life tests on silk.
Longevity of paper prints depends on the colorantes used in
the ink. The longest lived prints are made from ink
containing pigments rather than dyes. While some dyes are
quite stable none are as stable as really stable pigments.
Some of the degradation of the prints is due to exposure
to ultra-violet light but there also appear to be chemical
effects so the support has a definite effect. You might
check to see if Henry wilhelm has done any testing with base
materials other than paper.

http://www.wilhelm-research.com/

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old January 29th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"wb5kcm" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am in the process of refurbishing a HQ-170 I bought on
Ebay. I am
making some progress but I ran into a couple bad parts.

Need:
1. T12 1.8 - 2.0 MC Antenna Coil
2. T28 60 KC BFO Coil

If you have these or one of these or know where I can
obtain these,
please let me know.

Thanks, Randy, WB5KCM

Sorry about this, I was having trouble posting to Teranews
and had to cut and paste several messages to post using
Earthlink.

The message that should have gone out is:
Is it possible that the problem with these coils is that
the connections at the terminals are bad? If so you may be
able to fix them by resoldering or even just reheating the
solder terminals. Its worth a try if the coils are not
damaged in some way.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old January 29th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Thanks for the info Richard, in this case the BFO coil is completly
missing and had been replaced with some other coil. They actually
drilled a hole in the chassis and mounted in this non-standard coil. I
cannot get the BFO to 60 Kcs as required. The 160 meter antenna coil
has a jammed core. I cannot get the core to move. I believe it is
broken inside. I could possibly take it all apart and try and find
some other core to put in there. Possibly could reglue the core back
together. If I cannot find one, this is what I will do. So far I have
not had any response to my parts needs so I may have to try something
else. Thanks

On Jan 28, 9:07 pm, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:
"Richard Knoppow" wrote in as.earthlink.net...

roups.com...

Old January 29th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"wb5kcm" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

wrote:
"Richard Knoppow" wrote in
as.earthlink.net...

My sympathies, this sort of thing is always frustrating.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

FS Misc. items clfe Swap 2 June 23rd 06 10:21 PM
FS Motorola items - correction clfe Swap 0 April 12th 06 04:13 PM
Items FS/FT (Updated) Scanner 1 February 18th 06 01:32 AM
Items FS/FT (Updated) Swap 1 February 18th 06 01:32 AM
F.S. NICE HEATHKIT ITEMS Big Red Boatanchors 0 July 12th 03 05:51 PM