Old January 29th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
wb5kcm wb5kcm is offline

Default Need a couple items for HQ-170

Thanks for the info Richard, in this case the BFO coil is completly
missing and had been replaced with some other coil. They actually
drilled a hole in the chassis and mounted in this non-standard coil. I
cannot get the BFO to 60 Kcs as required. The 160 meter antenna coil
has a jammed core. I cannot get the core to move. I believe it is
broken inside. I could possibly take it all apart and try and find
some other core to put in there. Possibly could reglue the core back
together. If I cannot find one, this is what I will do. So far I have
not had any response to my parts needs so I may have to try something
else. Thanks

On Jan 28, 9:07 pm, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:
"Richard Knoppow" wrote in as.earthlink.net...

"wb5kcm" wrote in message
roups.com...
I am in the process of refurbishing a HQ-170 I bought on
Ebay. I am
making some progress but I ran into a couple bad parts.

Need:
1. T12 1.8 - 2.0 MC Antenna Coil
2. T28 60 KC BFO Coil

If you have these or one of these or know where I can
obtain these,
please let me know.

Thanks, Randy, WB5KCM Sorry about this, I was having trouble posting to Teranews

and had to cut and paste several messages to post using
Earthlink.

The message that should have gone out is:
Is it possible that the problem with these coils is that
the connections at the terminals are bad? If so you may be
able to fix them by resoldering or even just reheating the
solder terminals. Its worth a try if the coils are not
damaged in some way.

--
---
Richard Knoppow