Old January 30th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Schlecks' Schlock!

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
"KC4UAI" wrote:

So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by
virtue of my license class? Nope

Oddly enough, virtually all the "extras" I met during my tenure as a
"non-extra" didn't consider themselves Einsteins either. Now that I'm an
Extra, I do not consider myself an Einstein either.

It seems that only a small subset of hams (and non-hams) who post to this
forum seem to run into these self-proclaimed Einstein Extras.

But then, if you read their postings long enough, you'll begin to
understand that this bias towards Extras really isn't due to the fact
these extras are self-proclaimed Einsteins, but rather the fact that these
Extras passed a 20wpm code test at one point or another.

73
kh6hz

I believe the bias goes even deeper. Even if code were not an issue, that
bias would still exist simply because the Extra has met a higher written
requirement too. In today's society, it seems to be politically incorrect
to have acquired more knowledge than someone else.

Dee, N8UZE