Old February 7th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini Joe Analssandrini is offline

Default Icom r71a won't power on

On Feb 6, 10:44 pm, "Joe Analssandrini"
wrote:
On Feb 6, 10:30 pm, Telamon

wrote:
In article .com,
"Joe Analssandrini" wrote:

Dear Sir,

I replied to your post yesterday, I got a message stating that my post
was successful, but it has not shown up here. So I'll repeat what I
wrote.

Snip

You might want to reset the news group in your news reader. Your news
reader may be out of sync with your news server.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Dear "Telamon,"

This phenomenon (message not "taking") has happened to me previously
but only two or three times in the last several years. I have seen
some others complain of the same thing from time to time. I do not use
a news reader program; I just go to http://groups.google.com/groups?
hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=rec.radio.shortwave and generally
have no problem.

Do you think it has anything to do with sunspots? ;-)

Best,

Joe

P.S. Thanks for trying to help me. Your posts are always of interest.
What radio would you recommend as a first receiver for this person?

Dear "Telamon,"

Please ignore the last sentence - the question to you about a first
receiver - in my previous reply to you - I got my messages mixed up.
Senility ... ?