Old October 28th 03, 06:57 AM
artunwin

I have read the antennex articles on antennas. What they are describing is
the attachment of a loop with a variable capacitor to a radiator.This I
discussed in my patent writings as well as an example of such with the
combination loop/dipole on this newsgroup some years ago.
The experts on THIS newsgroup attacked this concept vehamatly but you will
see that Antennex is insinuating that the concept is new plus they are
forming liasons with antenna manufacturers. This is a darn sight worse than
what QST did in that any review by the antennex group can well be seen as
self serving. I would rather stay with this newsgroup even tho I do not
agree with the experts all the time because in the main they ay are honestly
felt comments. In San Diego and ashes are now falling on the house so who
knows what is going to happen
Art Unwin KB9MZ XG
"Dave Shrader" wrote in message
He was right!! All USEFUL things had been invented!

What he ignored was all those non-useful things waiting to be invented.

:-)

CW wrote:

I suppose in your mind, everything useful has already been invented. All
further development work should now cease as we no longer need anything

new.
Seems there was a member of congress during the 1800s that thought the

same
thing. He proposed eliminating the patent office as all things useful

had
already been invented.

"VHFRadioBuff" wrote in message

Geez, why go through all that effort? AES has a fine selection of

antennas
already invented!
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw