Old February 17th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KH6HZ KH6HZ is offline

Default Residence vs. Mailing Address

"an old friend" wrote:

Mike could end it almost at once by admitting what we all know he was
obliged to give up the call based on threat of action by the FCC
wether than tell th e CUURENT LIE he did so of his own free will

There was no "threat of action" by the FCC.

The FCC asked for documents.
I opted not to supply them.
FCC cancelled the callsigns.

Pretty simple.

At no time was there any "threat of action", i.e. a "warning notice" which
would later become a "license revocation" or a "forfeiture proceeding". No
matter how much you wish it true, it ain't gonna change history, available
for anyone to google if they so wish.

Of course, there's an entire argument to be made that the documentation
requested by the FCC in their correspondence to me (i.e. meeting minutes,
meeting times) is not required under Part 97. 97.5(b)(2) only states that
"The club must be composed of at least four persons and must have a name, a
document of organization, management, and a primary purpose devoted to
amateur service activities consistent with this part." There is no
requirement stated in 97.5(b)(2) that an organization keep minutes or
publish a schedule of meetings -- in fact, the way 97.5(b)(2) reads, you
could have 1 meeting every 10 years and still be in compliance.

If I was so inclined, and if I was so "dishonest" as some people in this
forum claim, I could have easily created such documents and supplied them.