Old February 19th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.tech
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Good sound card & software ?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:16:29 -0600, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

There's a good example of a 3D plot he
http://www.spectraplus.com/screenshots.html#3d
Has anyone used this software?

Hi Hank,

Yes, I have. It is exceedingly expensive, but you can probably get 30
days of free use if you have a one-time knock off project. Of course,
it may take 30 days to figure it out.

FFT analyzers are a dime a dozen, but few know how to use them
accurately - or are even aware of what can be done with them. Bob's
complaint, notwithstanding, a 1024 bin FFT employing the proper mixing
inputs can resolve any note on a guitar to within hundredths of a
cycle. I am sure this is of no interest to you, however.

What are you trying to measure? The dime a dozen analyzers (meaning
free, or packaged with other software) can do enough if you are not
particularly demanding.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC