Old February 24th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default Now that CW is gone there will be more ham to non-ham conflicts.

Hello Scott:

Yeah that element will be there, as it has always been there. Probably
why the FCC said it had enough, in so many words deleting the CW testing
requirement.

I was at the local testing place last Jan, there where very friendly and
busy with guys and gals taking General and Extra without the code. But
had to wait for the new rules to kick in for it to be legal.

I look forward shooting skip with ya all.

Jay in the Mojave

Scott in Baltimore wrote:

I ran into my first LID yesterday. He had his station on QRO bitching
that the upgrade is only for those techs that took the test before some
date in 2000. I laughed my ass off. He didn't like it when I told him
I would be an Extra tomorrow! (Today at 13:00)