Old February 25th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG K3HVG is offline

Default Hardware Question

This might help?

Nut Wrench for Toggle Switches
GC Nut wrench specifically for the knurled nuts on toggle switches. Use
of wrench prevents damage to surrounding area.

GC/Waldom
Table Nut Wrench for Toggle Switches
Product Description Toggle Switch nut wrench
Item# 477526

from Tessco Technologies

de K3HVG

Denis Sharon wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me just what means was used to tighten and loosen the
serrated/ribbed/knurled thin nuts used on panel-mount toggle switches?

I've been a gearhead since birth and have tinkered with radios almost as
long but have never encountered a tool to properly operate these decorative
nuts without potential damage. In one type of application, a hex nut is used
behind the panel with a decorative serrated nut on the front side. In this
case, it is a simple matter to merely tighten the behind-the-panel hex nut.
In other applications however - such as my TMC GPR-92 - the is no hex nut
and the switch is secured by only the serrated nut thereby requiring a means
to tighten it properly.

Replies directly to denis [dot] sharon [at] att.net would be appreciated.
Thanks

Regards,

Denis Sharon W1AOK
Ridgefield, CT