Old March 5th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default No Code For Any Class x7 Days

From: on 4 Mar 2007 11:08:30 -0800

Wowie...PREDICTABLE RESPONSES! I post to Miccolis and Robeson
replies, the Miccolis "replies" to Robeson (but is really
replying to me...). Damn, but that IS predictable! :-)

From: on Fri, Mar 2 2007 3:05 am
On Feb 28, 3:22 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:

I was simply reminding you that it has been more than
*7* years since Len wrote that he was "going for Extra right
out of the box." He also wrote a few months back that
he could pass the Extra with or without a Morse Code test,
but he never made good on that boast.

Now, now, Sister, curb your impatience, put down the
ruler and start watching the callsign sites from
about Wednesday onwards. That will match what Ted
said about "10 to 15 days." :-)

Also, what is the point of calling someone names like
"lying dweeb" and "Lennie"? All it does is bring you
down to their level of childish behavior.

Tsk, tsk, "childish behavior." :-) Go thee over to
RRAM and look at your own comment on "peak the grid
and dip the plate" is INCORRECT. Wow, I make the first
response to Coslo on his question and you have to jump
in with flailing knuckle-spanking ruler! "Incorrect"
"Incorrect." Gotta love it...:-)

Len has since written that his "Extra right out of the box"
statement was merely a "throwaway comment" and was
"taken out of context".

It was just that AT THE TIME. Tsk, you had to
MANUFACTURE a Big Brouhaha over it much later!
Gotta love it! :-)

Well, there you have it. Why call someone a liar
if they can prove you wrong by their own actions?

No problem to you, Jimmie. You just manufacture
something out of whole cloth... :-)

What rig should he buy for CASH?

How about an Icom IC-7800? ?Yaesu FT-2000D?
IC-756PROIII? ?FT-DX9000? ?Kenwood TS-2000?
Yaesu FT DX 9000MP?

? ? ?How about "Nun Of The Above"...?!?!

That's "none of the above", Steve.

Riiiiight...she can't be bought...unless there's
some morse code involved...

How about a tower-mounted rotatable Log-Periodic?

? ? Not allowed in your neighborhood, Lennie.

Actually, Steve, you don't know that.

Wow! Something that Miccolis and I agree on! :-)

One of the most common TV antennas is a log
periodic. With some modification, one could
be used for VHF/UHF amateur radio communication.

Nobody in my neighborhood has any "common TV
antennas" unless you count satellite dishes.
We have excellent cable TV service, both analog
and digital (we have digital).

House across the street and down one has no less
than 4 sat dishes. :-)

Not that I'm recommending it, but it *could* be done.

Why do all that futzing around when one can be
purchased? Save all the futzing time for radio
operating... :-)

? ? ?Just numbers copied out of a catalog to you, Your Putziness.

What's with the namecalling, Steve?

Standard Robesin Operating Procedure. :-)

The products named could possibly be used. Recall too
that Len has referred to an alleged "northern house"
which is not the Lanark Street address. Perhaps the
"northern house" has more land around it.

Northern house is in Kitsap County, WA. Ten acres
full of virgin evergreens 60 to 100 feet high. Will
undergo some thinning out soon. Lots of good raw
timber there that will fetch some nice dollars. :-)

Mr. Real Estate Expert, just go to the Kitsap
County and look it up. It is public knowledge in
their records. Real Estate taxes are all paid on
that one, too. :-)

Donut that just frost 'em though? :-)

CC&Rs?

Gasp! I have to get one of those?!? I don't
have any! ?HORRORS!

? ? No...You don't.

? ? But you have a zoning code which still won't let you erect that
Log periodic on your block.

All depends what sort of LP is meant.

"Military style" rotatable...requires an 80 foot diameter
circle clearance for full rotation. Just like the one
at NADC Warminster, PA, over 30 years ago. No sweat. But,
I don't like to live IN an antenna farm. Did that for half
a year (2 square miles of antenna farm).

To WHERE would I rotate that rotatable antenna? YOU are
the self-defined "expert" on the area. Don't you KNOW?

btw, "CC&R" means "Codes, Covenants and Restrictions".
It's a pretty safe bet that there are detailed building codes
for Len's Lanark Street property, and that putting up a
tower requires a building permit at the very least. There may
also be maximum height regulations, etc.

Oh, my, Mr. Real Estate EXPERT doesn't KNOW EXACTLY?

Tsk, tsk, from all the blathering you did on Zoning
a few months ago, I thought you would KNOW!

Here's a clue, Shylock: I live a mile from the edge of
BUR; civilians know it as "Bob Hope Airport." The FAA
must be advised if something is erected 200 feet above
normal terrain. However, "normal terrain" goes higher
than 300 feet above my back yard. :-)

There's also the fact that the antenna must not extend over adjacent
properties without permission of the owners.

Not a problem in the back. Got a nice clearance space
there for anything rotating in an 80-foot circle. You
want to check that out? No problem. Just go to Mapquest
and enter my USPS address. Get the address from some old
Ham Radio bylines...hasn't changed for 44 years. :-)

You can even see a somewhat dated aerial photo of the
location, see the relative sizes of everything. Or,
you could go to the L.A. County records, even get a
topographic map of the area. Won't cost you much and
you would be oh so EXACT on data! Don't you KNOW all
those things? You said you "were familiar with the area"
or words to that effect.

Now IF you really were "familiar," then you would KNOW
that I have NO, repeat NO cee-cees here at the southern
house. None in the northern one. Go LOOK for that
non-existant CC&R, Shylock, prove me wrong...

It's clear that the rules change has resulted in a lot of
applications, which increases the processing time.

Tsk, so far, the vast majority have been just class
changes, renewals, and vanity call applications.

It's way too early to see long-term trends based on
short-term results. That's just common sense.

Define "way too early." The trend is already
present. Even Dee Flint noticed it first-hand
in her local VE group.

Have YOU done anything to help newcomers to US amateur
radio? Get them into the exam locations in the droves
that all you morsemen PROMISED were going to happen?

Does that mean the changes have failed to cause growth?
I don't think so - I think it's simply too early to tell.

When would be a good time for you to "tell?" 2027?
2017?

You already stated that overall licensee numbers
were dropping. Do you have very short attention
span disorder?

In the 11 days of 22 Feb to 4 Mar, the US total
individual licensees dropped 369. That's over 3
a day average. That's been happening steadily
for over three years.

Whether Len is part of that or not really isn't clear
yet. Perhaps he is, perhaps he's not, and
simply trying to get a reaction.

Jay-Suss! I've left enough clues for even an
Inspector Clousseau to figure out! :-)

Do you really *want* Len to get an amateur license,
Steve?

He doesn't *want* anything but suffering and death
for ANYONE disagreeing with him. No one need be
an Inspector "Clue-so" to see that!

So, Sister, do you think you've got the cojonnes
to reply to me directly or are you going to go through
the SAME procedure as usual? :-)

See you on the 13 cm bands...

LA