Old March 10th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default VE Testing Rules

On Mar 10, 10:28 am, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote

As if there's something wrong with being in favor of
Morse Code - not the test, the mode itself.

The TEST.

Pretty much. A textbook example of how a large segment of the "No Code
Agenda" isn't about simply removing the code test, but instead is interested
in destroying the mode itself, due to some irrational hatred of the mode of
operation.

The TEST.

The funny part about Mark's rant is even if there were an adequate number of
Extra-class operators around to give him a test, it is not outside the realm
of possibility that those Extras might have been licensed after 2000, and
could have only passed the fairly trivial 5wpm code examination to obtain
their Extra-class license.

Only Pro-Code Test Advocated trivialize the 5WPM Exam.

And exactly how does the 5WPM Exam disqualify them from being a VE?

I am reminded of someone who accused certain
VEs of "fraud" simply because they presided over
the license testing of a young amateur,

I seem to recall that too. And, if I remember correctly, the accuser wasn't
even a licensed amateur at the time of the accusation.

I seem to recall a world famous DXer working out of band Frenchmen on
6 meters.

I seem to recall an RF Commando telling others how to live their
amateur lives, all the while faking up a bunch of clubs and using an
out of CONUS PO Box to glom up a whole bunch of DX callsigns.

So I'll say "THANK YOU" to Dee, and all VEs who help
with the licensing process.

Most definitely. I've been to 4 VE sessions in my lifetime, and that was
enough for me.

73
kh6hz

How many COLEM exams?