Old March 15th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default Soldering and Antennas

Is a copper to copper contact always necessary in
an antenna or does solder provide the necessary
continuity when joining wire?

I am disregarding the special case of magnetic
loops where RsubA must be kept low. I am also
disregarding the matter of mechanical integrity.

In my case I am looking at soldering radials to
a piece of copper wire at the base of an antenna, and
also adding a bit of length to the radiating
element.

What about the use of wire nuts to join wires?

The antenna is an HF marconi in an inverted-L configuration.

Thanks for any advice on the matter.

Irv VE6BP
--
Visit my HomePage at http://members.shaw.ca/finkirv/index.html