Old March 16th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Stuck Slug in HQ-145

Smokey wrote:
Yechhh! I hate it when this happens!
I have experienced this several times in the last few years, the most recent
being this past week while aligning a 60s vintage transmitter. My personal
experience is that glueing the broken slug back together has never worked
for me. Apparently the breach throws off the properties of ferrite slug.

It does, UNLESS you use a ferrite cement intended for just that application.
GC Electronics makes some that I have used with success before.
--scott