Old March 16th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Irregular Gaussian radiation fields

Playing with Gaussian arrays I find I can make irregular
radiation fields, this presumably because the arbitary border
repetively seals its borders as the radiation escapes.
I suppose one can equate it somewhat to a balloon with
escaping air pulses going in different directions as equilibrium
is reformed.
I understand that broadcasting arrays are strictly controlled
so I wondered if an array that could radiate in pre designated
areas would be useful as it would not require a reflector to repell
radiation.
Art