Old March 16th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Irregular Gaussian radiation fields

Playing with Gaussian arrays I find I can make irregular
radiation fields, this presumably because the arbitary border
repetively seals its borders as the radiation escapes.
I suppose one can equate it somewhat to a balloon with
escaping air pulses going in different directions as equilibrium
is reformed.
I understand that broadcasting arrays are strictly controlled
so I wondered if an array that could radiate in pre designated
areas would be useful as it would not require a reflector to repell
radiation.
Art

Old March 16th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I understand that broadcasting arrays are strictly controlled
so I wondered if an array that could radiate in pre designated
areas would be useful as it would not require a reflector to repell
radiation.

___________

Examples in use for many decades already are the directional arrays used in
AM broadcasting, where all elements (towers) in the array are driven. The
element spacings & orientations, and the relative power & phase applied to
each element determine the net radiation pattern of the array.

RF

Old March 16th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 16 Mar, 09:53, "art" wrote:
On 16 Mar, 09:34, "Richard Fry" wrote:

I understand that broadcasting arrays are strictly controlled
so I wondered if an array that could radiate in pre designated
areas would be useful as it would not require a reflector to repell
radiation.

___________

Examples in use for many decades already are the directional arrays used in
AM broadcasting, where all elements (towers) in the array are driven. The
element spacings & orientations, and the relative power & phase applied to
each element determine the net radiation pattern of the array.

RF

Thanks
ART

Let me ask another question. Since a gaussian array is in equilibrium
it can be placed in a complex circuit to generate a pass filter or
something like that. Does this fact provide any advantages? Also with
regard to the irregular radiation field the Gaussian array with a
single feed point can duplicate the present broadcasting method of
arrays where phasing harneses would be required. Just a thought
Art
Art

Old March 16th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"art"
Also with regard to the irregular radiation field the Gaussian
array with a single feed point can duplicate the present
broadcasting method.... Just a thought

________

All you need to do then is to prove it, and get the FCC to accept it.

RF

Old March 16th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 16 Mar, 14:09, "Richard Fry" wrote:
"art" Also with regard to the irregular radiation field the Gaussian
array with a single feed point can duplicate the present
broadcasting method.... Just a thought

________

All you need to do then is to prove it, and get the FCC to accept it.

RF

What about the use of complex circuitry methods od design does that
present any advantage? We now can insert lumped constants ?

Old March 16th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"art" quoting RF:
All you need to do then is to prove it, and get the FCC to accept it.

RF

What about the use of complex circuitry methods od design does that
present any advantage? We now can insert lumped constants ?

___________

Note the responsible party in this, which I re-post below with emphasis:

"All __YOU__ need to do then is to prove it,..."

If YOU, Art Unwin, want to be recogniz(s)ed for introducing a new
application or concept about "Irregular Gaussian Radiation Fields,"
shouldn't that first be based upon your own theoretical and experimental
research and proofs, which after your publication of same, are capable of
being proven true by other scientific investigators?

If both of those situations exist, then maybe you will have a chance for the
commercial and governmental acceptance/success of your concepts, and your
personal recognition for the same.

But until then, you may wish to keep such revelations closer to your vest.

With respect to your claimed English background, I wish you the best, Sir,
and
remain your humble and obedient servant etc, etc,

RF

Old March 17th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 16 Mar, 16:25, "Richard Fry" wrote:
"art" quoting RF: All you need to do then is to prove it, and get the FCC to accept it.

[...]

Thanks for the warning but the patent application is well along on
it's progress. Even if it wasn't the denial of it's possibility is so
strong I could wait another year before I processed it and I will
still be first in line. Frankly the Dr from MIT convinced most of the
group on the first part as being valid but they still have to be
convinced of the second part so time is very much on my side. When the
PTO office prints it industry will then take over and the people on
this newsgroup will be after my autograph instead of the blithering
idiot type comments.
Anyway, what do you think about using complex circuitry for the
antenna such that one has fairly constant gain across the band width
and then steep drop off's, swr curve is close to being the mirror
image because of zero parasitics which then gives advantages by
reduction of compromising choices of desirables.
I would imagine that true experts would use that for multi array
design but that aproach is beyond me.Either way since the computor
programs migrate to the Gaussian design over a Yagi selection somebody
out there will pick it up and go running with
because of advantages I have not got round to .Lets face it since more
gain can be obtained using only half the boom length people with small
gardens will jump upon it. I would love to more Britts on the band
with big signals.
Art

Art

Old March 17th 07, 11:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"art" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

the only autograph anyone will be after is the signature on the check for
the application fee.

Old March 17th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hello Art,
Having a patent does not mean that one have something that really
works.

I did a survey on patents in the field of Electronic Article
Surveillance (EAS) and Sailboard Fins. Many of the patents I saw, are
useless, seen from a technical perspective. The problem with those
technically useless patents is that when you invent some really nice
operating principle, you may interfere with such a patent. In that
case it is the available money that counts only.

So for me, to be involved in a patent application does not support the
fitness of a new theory.

I'm one of the pseudo-experts that posted to one of your "very deep
question" on Faraday Rotation in NEC2 and/or NEC4.

Best Regards,

Wim