Old March 18th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dave Dave is offline

Default Stuck Slug in HQ-145

I've heard about this procedure before. The individual who informed me suggested
that I include a small piece of steel in the adjustment hole prior to the
SHAMACK [I guess SHAMACK was used because it is St. Paddy's day]. After the
SHAMACK take a needle nose and bend the steel wire into a broad 1/2 loop.

File one end until it is sharp, then go fishin'.

Do I understand your suggestion properly?

:-)

DD, W1MCE

gkb wrote:

This has been, I should say, was a problem for me until I found out just
what to do. I lay the coil on its side and sneak up to it with a 1 pound
ballpeen hammer. I good "SHAMACK" and its not a problem anymore. Makes me
feel better to.