Old March 20th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Seven Years, Two Months Ago Today

On Mar 19, 6:42�pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:33?am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:12 pm, "Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

" wrote groups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP
he did just as he said he would years ago

* *I did NOT "do as I said years ago." *

No, you most certainly did not. *You made a boast over seven years
back of going for an "Extra right out of the box". *
You did squat for those years.

Dave,

Haven't you figured out Len's game yet?

It's really simple.

He plants errors in his posts, then argues with
and derides some of those who point them out.

* *MANUFACTURED
* *some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
* *out of context at the time.

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. *That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

Here's a link to that posting of Jan 19, 2000:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

And the famous quote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

"an old friend" knows what Len meant.

You know what Len meant.

I know what Len meant.

Anyone who understands plain English who reads that
post knows what Len meant.

btw - more recently, Len boasted that he could pass the
Extra with or without the Morse Code test. Since he
waited until after the Morse Code test was eliminated,
it proved to be an idle boast.

* *I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
* *until the 17th of February.

Note that Len does not mention which year!

I think he meant Feb 17 1999, soon after the Reply Comments
to 98-143 closed. You know - the Reply Comments where he
proposed a minimum age of 14 years for any class of Amateur
Radio license.

That's the truth regardless of how
* *others twist around old statements of mine. *

See? It's all other people's fault. Even though Len wrote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

way back then.

I find it difficult to accept your claim as factual.

* *However, once
* *IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).

Everyone who becomes a radio amateur has a finite time in which to
participate.

Do you think Len has an HF amateur radio station of his own
operational yet?

If he ever does set up a station, do you think it will be a
state-of-the-art experimental station, mostly homebrew?

Or do you think it will be an assembly of off-the-shelf
manufactured equipment?

* *Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
* *towards that goal with more attention. *

I could have told Len that back in 1970, when I got my Extra
in the summer between 10th and 11th grade.

There is NO extra-
* *special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
* *pass those tests. *

Yup. Yet it took Len all those years to get his.

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

Not a one.

* *All it takes is some attention-focused
* *work.

How about that! Even with all of Len's PROFESSIONAL experience,
it took *work* for him to pass the Extra.

I didn't think it was work at all, back in 1970. Nor now.

Many told you so. *You usually dismissed them. *You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Consider Len's game, Dave. He says he will do things, then
doesn't do them. Like the way he said he would leave rrap
when the Morse Code test was eliminated. Element 1
went away, but Len didn't.

Or he says things and then denies he said them. Then folks
waste time pointing out his errors, and he gets to insult them
for telling the truth.

Keep at it and he'll toss in the Byte Brothers quote and
other insults.

Here's that link anc quote, again:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

And he finally did - seven years later. Now he's finally
a new radio amateur. A novice, beginner, tyro, tenderfoot,
wet-behind-the-ears, just-out-of-the-box newbie to
amateur radio.

Go a little easy on Len. He needs quite a bit of Elmering, I think.

73 de Jim, N2EY