Old March 26th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] PocketRadio@gmail.com is offline

Default So if HD AM is on at night.....

On Mar 26, 5:54�pm, wrote:
On Mar 26, 7:14 am, "mpd" wrote:

I don't see how it can signficantly block other stations. If the range
of it low as some have claimed then whats the difference from day?

As of yet the three AM ones I can get in HD haven't moved to hd at
night...now two of them are a bit out of range sometimes but one of
them is a 50kw so I guess they are deciding not to. In some reguards
it's a bit redundant because the power is such that probably a quarter
of the country could probably receive it

FM hd makes sense although I think AM definatly needs work. There's
things the IBOC can do to calm some people down...like what? how about
these for starters

1) giving a huge discount if not free transmitters for hd to college
radio, religious and non profit

2) We've seen similar content grouped with subchannels...why not the
opposite? Radio is known for some talk that definatly bends a bit to
the right...why not say attach air america as a subchannel on
something with rush?

3) *sort of combining #2 and #1 how about subchannels that act like
the community band (88-90mhz) since that can get crowded and fm
transmitters sometimes override it.

4) Making sure that local channels retain local news and events rather
than having simply interruptions for other events

I can tolerate IBOC on FM. The capture ratio of FM will make DXing
feasible. AM IBOC is just a disaster.- Hide quoted text -

Yes it is - that is exactly what the HD Radio Alliance (Cartel)
wants. To force the mom-and-pod stations out of existence, or buy
into the HD Radio farce. The "clears" will force all smaller stations
out of business with interference and limit their coverage.