Old March 27th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dennis Klipa Dennis Klipa is offline

Default Spacing and Element order for 6 element 10 meter yagi

I have a disassembled 6 element, 10 meter yagi made by KLM, which is
probably Model KLM 28-30-6. Tjhe elements are assembled but removed
from the mast. I can pretty much tell where the elements go based on
the marks on the mast but it isn't at all obvious which elements go
where. Most beams have the longest element as the reflector and the
shortest element as the last director. This beam appears to have two
drivent elements. The driven element with the balun attached is the
shortest of the six! The second driven element is connected to it by
two lengths of aluminum flat stock, 40 inches between bolt holes.

Can anyone tell me the element order and spacing for this beam?

The stats are as follows
Boom: 29.5'
Elements:
219.5" or 18' 3.5"
200" or 16' 8" Second Driven Element (40" separation
from 1st)
191.5" or 15' 11.5"
187" or 15' 7"
183.5" or 15' 3.5"
171" or 14" 3" First Driven Element
Ferrite Balun Model # 3-60-4:1
The balun has KLM embossed on both endcaps

Thanks
Dennis Klipa, N8ERF