Old March 27th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Spacing and Element order for 6 element 10 meter yagi

I have a disassembled 6 element, 10 meter yagi made by KLM, which is
probably Model KLM 28-30-6. Tjhe elements are assembled but removed
from the mast. I can pretty much tell where the elements go based on
the marks on the mast but it isn't at all obvious which elements go
where. Most beams have the longest element as the reflector and the
shortest element as the last director. This beam appears to have two
drivent elements. The driven element with the balun attached is the
shortest of the six! The second driven element is connected to it by
two lengths of aluminum flat stock, 40 inches between bolt holes.

Can anyone tell me the element order and spacing for this beam?

The stats are as follows
Boom: 29.5'
Elements:
219.5" or 18' 3.5"
200" or 16' 8" Second Driven Element (40" separation
from 1st)
191.5" or 15' 11.5"
187" or 15' 7"
183.5" or 15' 3.5"
171" or 14" 3" First Driven Element
Ferrite Balun Model # 3-60-4:1
The balun has KLM embossed on both endcaps

Thanks
Dennis Klipa, N8ERF

Old March 27th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

ManualMall has the manual for Model KLM 28-30-6 price $4.00 URL:
http://www.manualmall.com/JA_LU.html

Good Luck'
Lamont

ups.com...

Old March 27th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mar 27, 12:42 pm, "The Shadow" wrote:
[...]

Dennis Klipa, N8ERF- Hide quoted text -

Lamont,
Thanks for the lead. I placed an order with them but got a odd web
page response after I placed the order. When I tried to call the
voice phone number on their web site I got a "phone company
recording". Do you know that this is a legitimate business? I did a
Google search and found a number of references to the company so I am
assuming it is but the responses I got make me a little nervous. I
did a reverse look up on the address and got a name and phone number.
Looking at the address on Google Earth, I see what looks to be like a
UHF yagi on the roof, so I did a reverse lookup for a call sign at the
ARRL sight and found the call for the name.

I am probably just being paranoid, but I have been burnt before.
Thanks again for the lead.
Dennis

Old March 27th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

,
Thanks for the lead. I placed an order with them but got a odd web
page response after I placed the order. When I tried to call the
voice phone number on their web site I got a "phone company
recording". Do you know that this is a legitimate business? I did a
Google search and found a number of references to the company so I am
assuming it is but the responses I got make me a little nervous. I
did a reverse look up on the address and got a name and phone number.
Looking at the address on Google Earth, I see what looks to be like a
UHF yagi on the roof, so I did a reverse lookup for a call sign at the
ARRL sight and found the call for the name.

I am probably just being paranoid, but I have been burnt before.
Thanks again for the lead.
Dennis

Golly Dennis I have ordered several manuals from ManualMall in the past but
not recently. And have not heard any negative comments about them.

Maybe e-mail them
;

Hope all is well
Lamont

Old March 27th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

You might ask W4ZV for his optimized dimensions for the KLM 10m:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/yagi_optimizer_7_0.htm

Tor
N4OGW

Old March 28th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mar 27, 3:34 pm, "The Shadow" wrote:
[...]

That is very reassuring to hear.
I am sure it will all work out just fine.

Thanks,
Dennis

Old March 28th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message ,
writes
You might ask W4ZV for his optimized dimensions for the KLM 10m:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/yagi_optimizer_7_0.htm

I've got the file for that one yo can see the spacing and element
dimensions

KLM 10m 6el Yagi
KLM 230 200
28.000 28.500 29.000 MHz
6 elements, inches
0.5772 0.5919 0.6164 0.5998 0.5963 0.6031
0.0000 102.9879 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000
33.2500 0.0000 96.9463 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000
73.2500 0.0000 0.0000 83.5867 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000
111.6250 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 92.0769 0.0000 0.0000
236.7500 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 93.9230 0.0000
327.2500 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 90.2354

The 0.5"-wide straps which join the element halves
are equivalent to 0.25"-diameter tubing.

HTH

73 Brian
--
Brian Howie

8-element butler array spacing electro Antenna 0 September 6th 06 09:47 AM
formula for UHF element spacing. gregB Antenna 8 July 26th 05 03:21 AM
FS: KLM 30 ELEMENT UHF YAGI N2ION Swap 0 March 1st 04 12:25 PM
FS: KLM 17M 3 ELEMENT YAGI N2ION Swap 0 February 20th 04 04:24 PM
K3PF 5 Element 2 Meter Yagi (Radio Shack) SWR Bandwith?? WS6S Antenna 1 October 18th 03 02:29 AM