Old March 27th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
download.com download.com is offline

Default Lets talk scanner antennas for a minute

I retired and moved from Ca. to the Philippines!

I have a great SW LW slopper with an "L" and it works great!

I am ready to work on the scanners (BC895/245) and need to think of some
options for antennas.

The people around here think I am a spy now with the short wave antenna (for
sure) if I put up a dipole they are going to go nuts for sure so I need to
know what other antenna I can put up.

About the only thing I will be able to understand will be the planes coming
into Manila and maybe a American ship with work radios or American aircraft
carrier working in the area and maybe something from the US Embassy.

Will a Long Wire work on a scanner? you guys tell me what I can put up that
doesn't look to wild!!!

Burr

14.5° N 121.0° E, Philippines +8Z

Grundig Sat800, YB400