Old March 27th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Lets talk scanner antennas for a minute

I retired and moved from Ca. to the Philippines!

I have a great SW LW slopper with an "L" and it works great!

I am ready to work on the scanners (BC895/245) and need to think of some
options for antennas.

The people around here think I am a spy now with the short wave antenna (for
sure) if I put up a dipole they are going to go nuts for sure so I need to
know what other antenna I can put up.

About the only thing I will be able to understand will be the planes coming
into Manila and maybe a American ship with work radios or American aircraft
carrier working in the area and maybe something from the US Embassy.

Will a Long Wire work on a scanner? you guys tell me what I can put up that
doesn't look to wild!!!

Burr

14.5° N 121.0° E, Philippines +8Z

Grundig Sat800, YB400

Drake SW8, BC895/245XLT

200' Long Wire

Old March 27th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"download.com" wrote in message
I retired and moved from Ca. to the Philippines!

I have a great SW LW slopper with an "L" and it works great!

I am ready to work on the scanners (BC895/245) and need to think of some
options for antennas.

The people around here think I am a spy now with the short wave antenna
(for
sure) if I put up a dipole they are going to go nuts for sure so I need to
know what other antenna I can put up.

No they will not. Many people there use a large antenna to get broadband. No
one would think twice about a huge antenna.
--
"Liberalism is a mental disorder."
Michael Savage

Old March 28th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Bob Bob is offline

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:39:53 -0700, "Alex Clayton"
wrote:

"download.com" wrote in message
I retired and moved from Ca. to the Philippines!

[snip]
No they will not. Many people there use a large antenna to get broadband. No
one would think twice about a huge antenna.

And you're living in the Philippines also to know that?

Old March 28th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

wrote:

"download.com" wrote in message
I retired and moved from Ca. to the Philippines!

[snip]
No they will not. Many people there use a large antenna to get broadband.
No
one would think twice about a huge antenna.

And you're living in the Philippines also to know that?

My Thoughts also,

Thank you Bob

Old March 28th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Bob" wrote in message
And you're living in the Philippines also to know that?

Family there. Have pictures of it when they were putting up the mast for
their broadband. Was quite a thing to see. Guy climbed up the mast made out
of 1" pipe using his bare feet to climb. It did have all the people passing
by watching, but not because of the antenna. The placing of the antenna is
the fun part. If the original poster has not heard or seen this then they
obviously do not live there.
--
Stupidity should be painful

Old March 29th 07, 08:35 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I got two of the FLEX-TENNA's ANT45&46 from Grove.

I wonder if these are from the guy that made the "Tiny Tenna"? I think his
name was Bill way up North-East

Burr

Lets Talk Sedition RedOctober90 General 1 August 1st 03 05:21 PM
Lets Talk Sedition Mark Fox Scanner 0 August 1st 03 05:21 PM
Lets Talk Sedition Mark Fox Shortwave 0 August 1st 03 05:21 PM
Lets Talk Sedition RedOctober90 Scanner 0 July 30th 03 02:55 PM
Lets Talk Sedition RedOctober90 Shortwave 0 July 30th 03 02:55 PM