Old March 28th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default Keep an ear on the skip!

Hello Scott:

I have now keeping an ear on 6 meters also, but I haven't been able to
draw a pattern with 10/11 meters skip and 6 meter skip.

I modified a Interceptor 10K for 6, and it works great. I have a
stronger signal than my neighbor with the same radio a few miles away.
He is using a 4 element beam with a gamma match, must have things not to
well tuned up?!?!??!??1

Anyway the Hawiian skip was a real fluke I think.

I bought a few Icom HM-36 Mics, they seem to sound great on a lot of
radios. And I have a few of the older Mototrola Mic's that I have
modified left over they sound great!.

Jay in the Mojave

Scott in Baltimore wrote:

Hello Jay

OK fine business I'll be listening. I'd like to qso with Hawaii or even
Europe again for that matter. It won't be long now...

No skip contacts on 11 meters this weekend, although during the contest,
some guy in deep south america heard me. I wasn't contesting but I threw
my CS out there just to see...

Anybody got a stock mike for a RCI2950? Some of the locals still believe
its illegal for a ham to use an unmodified 2950 on 10 meters!!! Hell, I
use mine on 10 meters and let them all know it on 2 meters. If I want to
talk on CB, I hook up the CB. Three connectors. BFD!