Old March 24th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Keep an ear on the skip!

Hello All:

While listening to the noise on the bands 10 and 11 meters the other
day, I heard stations come in and go very quickly.

After a while I heard a few guys talking to some boats and a base
station. These stations where in Hawaii, on the big Island.

So if you hear stations trying to skip in, it may take a few times for
the condations to work right. Keep your ears on.

Jay in the Mojave
Old March 25th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Mar 24, 12:43 am, Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello All:

While listening to the noise on the bands 10 and 11 meters the other
day, I heard stations come in and go very quickly.

After a while I heard a few guys talking to some boats and a base
station. These stations where in Hawaii, on the big Island.

So if you hear stations trying to skip in, it may take a few times for
the condations to work right. Keep your ears on.

Jay in the Mojave

Are they keyclowns? If so, maybe mopey will go on vacation to Hawaii
and check out the Honolulu Petro.

Old March 26th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello All:

While listening to the noise on the bands 10 and 11 meters the other
day, I heard stations come in and go very quickly.

After a while I heard a few guys talking to some boats and a base
station. These stations where in Hawaii, on the big Island.

So if you hear stations trying to skip in, it may take a few times for
the condations to work right. Keep your ears on.

Jay in the Mojave

Hello Jay

OK fine business I'll be listening. I'd like to qso with Hawaii or even
Europe again for that matter. It won't be long now...
Old March 27th 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Mar 26, 6:23 pm, Steveo wrote:
Jay in the Mojave wrote: Hello All:

While listening to the noise on the bands 10 and 11 meters the other
day, I heard stations come in and go very quickly.

After a while I heard a few guys talking to some boats and a base
station. These stations where in Hawaii, on the big Island.

So if you hear stations trying to skip in, it may take a few times for
the condations to work right. Keep your ears on.

Jay in the Mojave

Hello Jay

OK fine business I'll be listening. I'd like to qso with Hawaii or even
Europe again for that matter. It won't be long now...

Yeah, he wants to find out if the vice cops patrol the truckstop
toilets in those places.

Old March 28th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello Steve:

I think this intermittent skip stuff slowly coming in and then
disappearing is a indication that a single hop is only possible, Then
again who knows anything about propagation?!?!??

The wind is gusting to 75 MPH here today, and has moved the beam, facing
to the north. Thought I tighten the boom to mast bolts, ah,,, maybe not!

Anyway I will now be listening north for stations.

Jay in the Mojave

Steveo wrote:

Hello Jay

OK fine business I'll be listening. I'd like to qso with Hawaii or even
Europe again for that matter. It won't be long now...

No skip contacts on 11 meters this weekend, although during the contest,
some guy in deep south america heard me. I wasn't contesting but I threw
my CS out there just to see...

Anybody got a stock mike for a RCI2950? Some of the locals still believe
its illegal for a ham to use an unmodified 2950 on 10 meters!!! Hell, I
use mine on 10 meters and let them all know it on 2 meters. If I want to
talk on CB, I hook up the CB. Three connectors. BFD!

Old March 28th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Scott:

I have now keeping an ear on 6 meters also, but I haven't been able to
draw a pattern with 10/11 meters skip and 6 meter skip.

I modified a Interceptor 10K for 6, and it works great. I have a
stronger signal than my neighbor with the same radio a few miles away.
He is using a 4 element beam with a gamma match, must have things not to
well tuned up?!?!??!??1

Anyway the Hawiian skip was a real fluke I think.

I bought a few Icom HM-36 Mics, they seem to sound great on a lot of
radios. And I have a few of the older Mototrola Mic's that I have
modified left over they sound great!.

Jay in the Mojave

a bit of skip Scott in Baltimore CB 7 March 18th 07 05:04 AM
Skip popped in Jimmie D CB 1 January 20th 07 02:26 AM
11 meter skip [email protected] CB 4 January 11th 07 12:55 AM
skip land thunder01 CB 1 September 18th 05 03:46 PM
Skip? Trev 999 CB 2 November 24th 04 04:11 PM