Old April 1st 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SWL-2010 SWL-2010 is offline

Default Radio Receivers

"Mark F." wrote in message
Is short wave worth listing to?
I bought a little radio to listen to at night and it is nothing like when

was a kid.

I think it is. I love shortwave radio. I have been a listener for many
years. As far as things being like they were when we were kids, I don't
thing anything is. But, in many respects, shortwave listening is close to
what it was a long time ago, especially if you use an analog receiver. You
still get to tune past all the whistles, pops, interference, and strange
noises, while trying to find distant stations or signals.

You still get to try to find the best antenna for your current conditions,
and it still changes with season and times. I have a lot of radio
receivers, but I still use my old analog Drake and Kenwood more than any
because when DXing slowly across the bands, I just enjoy tuning past
everything one may come across. Digital recievers are great for targeting
stations, but for general listening, I prefer analog.

I wish this group would go back to discussing shortwave listening more. I
killfile most of the trolls and bums, but it's hard to avoid all of them.

--
I didn't know BMW made cars until I passed one.