Old April 4th 07, 06:40 PM posted to alt.politics.republicans,seattle.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_2_] David Eduardo[_2_] is offline

Default Laura Bush Subservient to Muslims

You'll be subservient to Muslims too, if you ever meet one.

Joseph Welch wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/04/...ra-bush-scarf/

Right Wing Smears Pelosi As 'Subservient' For Wearing Scarf - What About
Laura Bush?

Yesterday, right-wing Internet gossip Matt Drudge posted a photo of Speaker
Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) wearing a headscarf while visiting the tomb of John the
Baptist inside the Umayyad mosque in Damascus.

As Mahablog points out, the right-wing is now seething:

HotAir: "The campaign commercial practically writes itself. Ah well. A woman
must know her place when entering a mosque. . It pains the left too, I'm
sure, to see the most powerful woman in America having to yield, however
slightly, to a misogynistic culture's expectations, but they can't vent
their anger at the people responsible so they'll vent it at Charles or me or
whomever instead."

Instapundit: FEMINIST IN AMERICA, subservient in Syria.

The New Editor: "This picture disgusts me. What message is Nancy Pelosi
trying to send? Are women equal to men, or not? Why is modesty foisted only
upon women?"

Little Green Footballs: "Pelosi in a Hijab. The modern Democratic
leadership. How . quaint."

Apparently they never saw Laura Bush when she visited al-Aqsa mosque in
Jerusalem:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/...uramosque2.JPG

--
____________________

George W. Bush has made the terrorists stronger, their influence wider,
their numbers larger, and their motivation to attack the U.S. and other
western interests greater. He has repeatedly abused his authority and
violated his Oath of Office by turning his back on the United States
Constitution; thereby surrendering to the terrorists by undermining American
freedoms,values, and the very foundations of our system of government.
Supporting Bush is treason.

JW
"You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have
you left no sense of decency?"
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...-mccarthy.html
The New Face of the Republican Party
http://tinyurl.com/y2j2yr