Old April 5th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephanie Weil Stephanie Weil is offline

Default AM IBOC cripples installed base of over 150 million receivers in USA

On 4 Apr., 21:45, blitz wrote:

It's all my receivers. I dx fairly regularly, AM and FM. I can get
adjacent stations next to some strong locals (who don't run IBOC).

Most contemporary commercial radios are not designed for DX on MW.
They are designed for local stations.

But try it on your own. How wide is the splatter on your receivers?

It depends on the radio. I will say some of my hi-fidelity radios
sound like total crap. As far as the splatter, obviously you're going
to get the distant stations covered up by the local station's
sidebands.

But again, DXers are in the minority and the radio manufacturers are
catering to the majority of people who tend to exclusively listen to
local stations. Simple economics.

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City, USA