Old April 11th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
blue box thief blue box thief is offline

Default Advice on choosing TNC

hi all,

i have been out of amateur radio for a good number of years.
i have finally got the room (garden and house!) for a few rigs,
and i'd like to get back into packet.

I would like to have the capability to do packet on V/UHF and also via
satellite (if I can get an antenna up for it).

I am also very interested in aprs (looks very useful) so the TNC
would have to be usable with GPS/etc.

I run a Icom IC-207 V/UHF, a Kenwood TH78e handie, and a Yaesu FT707 for HF.

I mainly use Mac OS X, or at times Windows XP, so the TNC would have to be supported
by Mac TNC software.

any help greatly appreciate,

73s de
bernard