Old April 15th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SWL-2010 SWL-2010 is offline

Default Shortwave Radio Stuff.

"Brian O" wrote in message

"SWL-2010" wrote in message
I was looking over my radio collection yesterday, and it dawned on me

how
lucky I am to have such a nice collection. So, I decided to make a list

of
them, and some of the other gear I use in my listening post. It turns

out
that I have 22 radio receivers that have shortwave bands on them. I have

5
scanners, and about 6 other AM/FM radios. Then I have related gear like

my
Radio Shack DSP, an MFJ Antenna tuner Pre-amp (959B), an MFJ Signal

enhancer
( 752B), My RS Pro 100 Headset, and the different wall clocks. All In

all,
my shack is pretty cool considering I dont have a huge amount of money

tied
up.

I am thinking about adding an MFJ indoor active antenna to my shack

soon.
have always wanted to try one out. I am in an apratment, and I improvise
different antennas from time to time. I bought the Kaito indoor loop

when
bought my 1103, and it's not too bad, but I'm not crazy about it either.

When you say Radio Shack DSP, are you talking about the DSP audio filter?

have one of those. I've been trying to get a schematic for it so I can
change the switches out to pots. Have you thought about doing this too?

I dont think have the same DSP unit your asking about. Mine is the smaller
unit that can be used a mobile unit. Tha Cat # is 21-543. I bought it used
off Ebay a couple of years ago just to play around with. It's nothing to
write home about.
My MFJ-752B filter is much better for using with shortwave radios. It has
more controls, inputs for 2 receivers, and head phone and speaker jacks. The
only modification I made to that was to move the selector switch from the
back to the side so it's easier reach.