Old April 14th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Shortwave Radio Stuff.

I was looking over my radio collection yesterday, and it dawned on me how
lucky I am to have such a nice collection. So, I decided to make a list of
them, and some of the other gear I use in my listening post. It turns out
that I have 22 radio receivers that have shortwave bands on them. I have 5
scanners, and about 6 other AM/FM radios. Then I have related gear like my
Radio Shack DSP, an MFJ Antenna tuner Pre-amp (959B), an MFJ Signal enhancer
( 752B), My RS Pro 100 Headset, and the different wall clocks. All In all,
my shack is pretty cool considering I dont have a huge amount of money tied
up.

I am thinking about adding an MFJ indoor active antenna to my shack soon. I
have always wanted to try one out. I am in an apratment, and I improvise
different antennas from time to time. I bought the Kaito indoor loop when I
bought my 1103, and it's not too bad, but I'm not crazy about it either.

Old April 15th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"SWL-2010" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like you enjoy your DXing, wish I had your gear!

Burr

Old April 15th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I own at least that many (or more) tube type and transister type
Shortwave/AM/FM Radios.And hundreds (I figure at least over three
hundred) old AM radios,AM FM old radios and a few other old oddball
radios.Foot lockers and closets cram full of old radios and old radios
scattered around and sttting around in every room in my old
house,including my bathroom and kitchen and my washroom,old radios
comming out the ying yang.

I was watching Farmweek on tv a short while ago on the PBS tv
channel.One of the thingys they was talking about on there was Catfish
One. www.catfishone.net
''We Are Good To Go''
'No wonder you are good to go'!
cuhulin

Old April 15th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 14, 3:32 pm, "SWL-2010" wrote:
I was looking over my radio collection yesterday, and it dawned on me how
lucky I am to have such a nice collection. So, I decided to make a list of
them, and some of the other gear I use in my listening post. It turns out
that I have 22 radio receivers that have shortwave bands on them. I have 5
scanners, and about 6 other AM/FM radios.

Can you post the list here?. i always like to see what veryone has in
the way of radios. Thanks. --Ken

Old April 15th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"SWL-2010" wrote in message
[...]

When you say Radio Shack DSP, are you talking about the DSP audio filter? I
have one of those. I've been trying to get a schematic for it so I can
change the switches out to pots. Have you thought about doing this too?

Old April 15th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ken8038" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Apr 14, 3:32 pm, "SWL-2010" wrote:
I was looking over my radio collection yesterday, and it dawned on me

how
lucky I am to have such a nice collection. So, I decided to make a list

of
them, and some of the other gear I use in my listening post. It turns

out
that I have 22 radio receivers that have shortwave bands on them. I have

5
scanners, and about 6 other AM/FM radios.

Can you post the list here?. i always like to see what veryone has in
the way of radios. Thanks. --Ken

Here's the list. I copied it, and pasted it, I'll see how it comes out here.

SHORT WAVE RECEIVERS

DRAKE SSR-1

KENWOOD R-300

ICOM IC-R1

RADIO SHACK DX-398

RADIO SHACK DX-402

RADIO SHACK DX-392

RADIO SHACK DX-394

RADIO SHACK DX-397

RADIO SHACK DX-100

RADIO SHACK [POCKET PORTABLE] CAT #12-472

RADIO SHACK OPTIMUS [MULTI BAND] CAT #12-808

RADIO SHACK [MULTI BAND] CAT #12-795

GRUNDIG S-350

GRUNDIG S-350DL

GRUNDIG YB-400

GRUNDIG TRAVELLER II PE

GRUNDIG FR-200

GRUNDIG MINI-300

ETON E-10

TECSUN PL-230

TECSUN R-9700DX

KAITO 1103

SCANNERS:

RADIO SHACK PRO 2044

RADIO SHACK PRO 2052

RADIO SHACK PRO 94

RADIO SHACK PRO 75

RADIO SHACK PRO 97

MISC. RADIOS

RADIO SHACK CAT #12-456

RADIO SHACK OPTIMUS CAT #12-792

RADIO SHACK OPTIMUS CAT #12-798

RADIO SHACK CAT #12-817

RADIO SHACK CAT #12-615

SHACK EQUPMENT:

MFJ RECEIVER ANTENNA TUNER/PRE-AMP-959B

MFJ SIGNAL ENHANCER II 752B

RADIO SHACK DSP SIGNAL PROCESS0R-CAT #21-543

RADIO SHACK AM LOOP ANTENNA-CAT #15-1853

Old April 15th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"download.com" wrote in message

"SWL-2010" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I love Dxing. I've been doing it for almost as long as I can remember.
I think it's the best hooby there is.

Old April 15th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brian O" wrote in message

"SWL-2010" wrote in message
[...]

I dont think have the same DSP unit your asking about. Mine is the smaller
unit that can be used a mobile unit. Tha Cat # is 21-543. I bought it used
off Ebay a couple of years ago just to play around with. It's nothing to
write home about.
My MFJ-752B filter is much better for using with shortwave radios. It has
more controls, inputs for 2 receivers, and head phone and speaker jacks. The
only modification I made to that was to move the selector switch from the
back to the side so it's easier reach.

Old April 15th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks for posting the list, here's mine.
Not all are mine, my kids and wife are allowed a couple of radios of
thier own.

Aiwa boombox (JJK)
Aiwa boombox (L)
Aiwa boombox (Ali)
CC Radio
DX 380
DX 395
DX 396
DX 399
DX 440
Eton 10
Eton 100
GE P 780
GE SR 2
Grundig Mini 300
JCP Clock radio
JVC Unit
Kaito 105
Kaito 1101
Kaito WRX 411
Mini 100
Panasonic RF 2200
Panasonic transistor
Patrolman
RCA Boombox (Ali)
RCA Clock Radio
Sangean DT200
Sony 2001D
Sony 7600GR
Sony Boombox 1
Sony Boombox 2
Sony S5W
Sony SRF
Sony tape/radio (L)
Sony Transistor
Tecsun S350
Walkman old
Walkman small
Walkman SRF 59
YB 400

Old April 15th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ken8038" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

That's a good list, and it reminded me, I forgot to list my Sony 7600GR. I
also croped the RS Cassette recorder CTR-117, my Pro-100 headset, my MFJ 24
hour wall clock and the two RS Atomic clocks. I noticed you have a
Panasonic 2200. I owned one years ago, and I loved it. Is yours in good
condition? I still remember how great it was to tune that receiver. I also
have a small Sony micro-cassette recorder that comes in handy at the shack.
If you want to record something quick it does a great job just setting it
near a speaker.