Old April 20th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Radio Havana QSL's

On Apr 19, 2:10 pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 19, 9:12 am, dxAce wrote:

wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has gotten a QSL from Radio Havana recently and
is in the US?

I've seen some listed recently.

I recently started collection QSL cards from
International broadcasters and would like to get one from Radio Havana
as long as it wouldn't have any repercussions from the US government.
Any thoughts?

Just send them your report.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Back in the old days (1970's) I sent to most of the Iron Curtain
nations for QSLs. My relatives told me I would get on some FBI list
and have surveillance cameras at my back all my life. Moreover, not
only did I get QSLs, I also got a plethora of large glossy
publications ad nauseum in plain brown wrappers showing how glorious
life was in the various communist nations. Radio Prague and Radio
Budapest, Radio Moscow and Radio Peking, all sent me piles of
magazines made of weird-smelling full color paper. It was hilarious.
But man-o-man, the FBI and CIA breathing down my neck wrecked my
teenaged love life! ;-)

Bruce Jensen- Hide quoted text -

BpnJ - Yeah with the Fall of the USSR many FBI Agents were
Forced to Retire and a few were subsequently detained for
Peeping-through-Windows . . . old habits never die ! ;-}

the fbi - for some it was more than a job - it was exciting to
break the law - while being the law - jeh abide with me ~ RHF