Old April 19th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Havana QSL's

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has gotten a QSL from Radio Havana recently and
is in the US? I recently started collection QSL cards from
International broadcasters and would like to get one from Radio Havana
as long as it wouldn't have any repercussions from the US government.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

Old April 19th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 19, 9:12 am, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has gotten a QSL from Radio Havana recently and
is in the US?

I've seen some listed recently.

I recently started collection QSL cards from
International broadcasters and would like to get one from Radio Havana
as long as it wouldn't have any repercussions from the US government.
Any thoughts?

Just send them your report.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Back in the old days (1970's) I sent to most of the Iron Curtain
nations for QSLs. My relatives told me I would get on some FBI list
and have surveillance cameras at my back all my life. Moreover, not
only did I get QSLs, I also got a plethora of large glossy
publications ad nauseum in plain brown wrappers showing how glorious
life was in the various communist nations. Radio Prague and Radio
Budapest, Radio Moscow and Radio Peking, all sent me piles of
magazines made of weird-smelling full color paper. It was hilarious.
But man-o-man, the FBI and CIA breathing down my neck wrecked my
teenaged love life! ;-)

Bruce Jensen

Old April 20th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Apr 19, 2:10 pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 19, 9:12 am, dxAce wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Bruce Jensen- Hide quoted text -

BpnJ - Yeah with the Fall of the USSR many FBI Agents were
Forced to Retire and a few were subsequently detained for
Peeping-through-Windows . . . old habits never die ! ;-}

the fbi - for some it was more than a job - it was exciting to
break the law - while being the law - jeh abide with me ~ RHF
Old April 21st 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 19, 12:08 pm, wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has gotten a QSL from Radio Havana recently and
is in the US? I recently started collection QSL cards from
International broadcasters and would like to get one from Radio Havana
as long as it wouldn't have any repercussions from the US government.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""
Given the current search for subversives in the US at present, I would
not have a Cuban QSL and the associated literature sent to my address
in the US. There are just too many snitches, sneaks, and spooks
hunting for brownie points. Homeland Security could put you on their
"no fly" list. I would send the card to Cuba via a QSL bureau
I would use a QSL Bureau to remail the card to me from a less
controversial location. Look up "swl qsl bureau" in Google. You will
get 22,000 hits.
You might take a look at the Ontario DX Association
http://www.odxa.ca
Perhaps the qsl manager could help. Canada has full diplomatic
relations with Cuba, and first-class mail between the US and Canada
has little scrutiny.

Old April 21st 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A few years ago,I was watching a live down town Belfast cam.I kept
hoping one of those idiots crossing the street would get run over by a
car.
cuhulin

Old April 21st 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"ve3..." wrote:

On Apr 19, 12:08 pm, wrote:
[...]

This is not a problem even for people that hold security clearances to
have QSL cards from restricted countries. You just declare such
associations like any other contact.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Radio Havana running dogg Shortwave 5 June 5th 05 04:27 AM
RADIO HAVANA IS BACK George S. Thurman Shortwave 1 September 2nd 04 03:21 PM
RADIO HAVANA CUBA OFF THE AIR GSthurman Shortwave 3 August 15th 04 07:32 PM
9.820 - Radio Havana 12:10 am CST from Dallas I was against it before I was for it Shortwave 0 May 23rd 04 06:09 AM