Old April 21st 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ve3... ve3... is offline

Default Radio Havana QSL's

On Apr 19, 12:08 pm, wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious if anyone has gotten a QSL from Radio Havana recently and
is in the US? I recently started collection QSL cards from
International broadcasters and would like to get one from Radio Havana
as long as it wouldn't have any repercussions from the US government.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""
Given the current search for subversives in the US at present, I would
not have a Cuban QSL and the associated literature sent to my address
in the US. There are just too many snitches, sneaks, and spooks
hunting for brownie points. Homeland Security could put you on their
"no fly" list. I would send the card to Cuba via a QSL bureau
I would use a QSL Bureau to remail the card to me from a less
controversial location. Look up "swl qsl bureau" in Google. You will
get 22,000 hits.
You might take a look at the Ontario DX Association
http://www.odxa.ca
Perhaps the qsl manager could help. Canada has full diplomatic
relations with Cuba, and first-class mail between the US and Canada
has little scrutiny.