Old April 29th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.shortwave
justis justis is offline

Default Zenith Transoceanic Royal 1000-1 - Need some help??

You're in luck......I have help.
"bud" wrote in message
ups.com...
I came across a real nice Zenith 1000. I'd rate it's overall
condition as excellent. However it's dead.

I've completed phase 1 troubleshooting. (switch is good, substituted
known good 12VDC supply, chassis components and wiring all look good).

What I'm looking for are two things:

1. Is there a website that shows basic theory of operation/
troubleshooting of these type radios. I've repaired plenty of tube
type equipment but never a transistor radio powered by 12VDC. I
suspect I have a power supply problem but not exactly sure how it
works.

2. Are there any known issues or common problems with these Zenith
Royal 1000's. Anything I should start with?

TIA