Old May 2nd 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Atomic Clock Malfunctioning and Battery

In article .com,
qquito wrote:

Hello, All:

As my first post two years ago indicated that I bought an atomic clock
in February, 2005, and it worked fine until July, 2005 when the clock
started to display arbitrary Month, Date, Day, etc..

Michael Black suggested (in July, 2005) that I change the battery.
Well, I did not. I wanted to see how far it could go. After three or
four or five days, it resumed normal.

And then in August, 2006 (as far as I can recall), the same thing
happened again. I did not change the battery and the malfunctioning
was gone after three or four days.

And it has since been normal. It is 2 years and 2 months since I
bought it and I have never changed the battery.

Snip

My radio looks for a signal every evening and if it finds one an
indicator is set in the display. Very few nights a year it is not set
here in southern California.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California