Old May 1st 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Atomic Clock Malfunctioning and Battery

Hello, All:

As my first post two years ago indicated that I bought an atomic clock
in February, 2005, and it worked fine until July, 2005 when the clock
started to display arbitrary Month, Date, Day, etc..

Michael Black suggested (in July, 2005) that I change the battery.
Well, I did not. I wanted to see how far it could go. After three or
four or five days, it resumed normal.

And then in August, 2006 (as far as I can recall), the same thing
happened again. I did not change the battery and the malfunctioning
was gone after three or four days.

And it has since been normal. It is 2 years and 2 months since I
bought it and I have never changed the battery.

--Roland

"qquito" wrote in message

Hello, Everyone:

I bought an "atomic clock" in February, 2005, and it has since been
working fine. I live on the eastern coast and now use EDT.

But then at about 2:00 PM, July 20, 2005, I noticed the clock display
"SAT" while it was actually "WED". The Month, Date, Hour, Minute, and
Second were all correct, though. Also, the logo of a radio wave tower
was on, meaning the clock had received the NIST signal for the day.
When I got home after midnight (It was now July 21), the clock
displayed "THU" correctly.

Could it have been that NIST sent a wrong signal for the weekday on
July 20, 2005?

Michael Black
Date: 24 Jul 2005 02:16:36 GMT
Subject: An NIST Mistake on "Atomic Clock"

Have you changed the battery? I can see the clock acting up because
the battery is low, and then not getting proper reception to resync
properly.

Date: 24 Jul 2005 02:16:36 GMT

Have you changed the battery? I can see the clock acting up because
the battery is low, and then not getting proper reception to resync
properly.

QQUITO - More likely that there is something in your area
that is interferring with the Time Signal and you will simply
have to live with it -or- more. ~ RHF
Old May 1st 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My wall-mount analog atomic clocks won't change for
the standard/daylight time switch unless they have a
fairly fresh battery in them, but my digital-radout desk model
with a separate fat little antenna unit seems to keep working fine
and updating as needed even if the "low battery" indicator is
flashing. (I'm just leaving it go as an experiment to see when
the display will finally dim out; I was using it as an alarm and
that is what drained the battery down to "low".)

This is in St. Louis, MO, however that affects the signal
strength from Ft. Collins, CO.

73, Will

Old May 1st 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have a quartz AQUATECH brand name wris****ch (Water 30 M Resitant
Alarm Chronograph) I bought at the Wal Mart store about five years ago
when they were on sale for about $14.95.It has four of them little push
thingys sticking out on the sides of it) It still keeps excellent time
on the same battery that was in the wris****ch when I bought it.It is an
hour behind because I never did change it over to day light savings
time.I quit wearing a wris****ch years and years ago.I own many,many
old,old wind up and electric clocks. (and many old,old wris****ches too)
The only clock I use is my old antique Ansonia wind up wall clock.It
doesn't keep excellent time anymore,but I like it.
A tractor trailer truck has over turned near the Nissan factory,about
twenty miles North of me.Big fire going on in the woods in the area.I-55
traffic is backed up.
cuhulin

Old May 2nd 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
qquito wrote:

Hello, All:

As my first post two years ago indicated that I bought an atomic clock
in February, 2005, and it worked fine until July, 2005 when the clock
started to display arbitrary Month, Date, Day, etc..

Michael Black suggested (in July, 2005) that I change the battery.
Well, I did not. I wanted to see how far it could go. After three or
four or five days, it resumed normal.

And then in August, 2006 (as far as I can recall), the same thing
happened again. I did not change the battery and the malfunctioning
was gone after three or four days.

And it has since been normal. It is 2 years and 2 months since I
bought it and I have never changed the battery.

Snip

My radio looks for a signal every evening and if it finds one an
indicator is set in the display. Very few nights a year it is not set
here in southern California.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California