Old May 4th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default Base insulator

"Dave" wrote in message news:O_H_h.7$rm.4@trndny03...
kc1xx http://xxtowers.com/ sells parts they use for insulating broadcast
towers for rohn-25 that is much cheaper than the rohn section. His setup
includes 2 plates that go on the top and bottom of the sections and a
porcelain insulator that bolts between them. I've got 4 of them sitting
in the shed waiting to go in the new 80m 4-square later this summer, they
sure look plenty hefty for the job!

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Jimmie D wrote:
Anyone know of a good way to build a base insulator for a Rohn 25G
tower.

Rohn manufactures an insulating section.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Gives me an idea, one of the guys has some big pocelan stand off used in
building substations. Three of these on a metal plate might work.