Old May 7th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Getting to old to crawl around the attic

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
news8M%h.166417$aG1.72579@pd7urf3no...
Bob D. wrote:
I'm about to string up some new coax and instead of fighting my attic,
I've decided to just go through the wall. I'm not trying to hide the coax
(it's on a secluded side of the house), but I do want it to be neat and
secure. I have vinyl siding, any advice for attachment? (I've seen
nail-on clips for RG58/59 but none for RG8.) Also, is there any way to
dress up the hole for the coax? Maybe some kind of tube that has a
flange? BTW, this is RG8.

Murphy Says "Once you run a piece of coax through the wall you are going
want to run something else as well, but will find out too late that the
hole
is too small for anything else!" Need I say more? :-)

Irv VE6BP

I agree with that. I put a 3 or 4 inch hole in a house and put a piece of
PVC tubing through the hole. Then took some screen wire and wrapped it
around several coax and rotator cables comming through the pvc tube.
That was after the first two holes in the outside wall.

I moved and have 11 cables comming through the bottom part of a window in
the new house. Raised it a couple of inches, put a layer of foam insulation
down like you insualte copper pipes in the house with, then the coax,and
then another layer of the foam insulation. Then lowered the window on that.