Old May 7th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Getting to old to crawl around the attic

I'm about to string up some new coax and instead of fighting my attic, I've
decided to just go through the wall. I'm not trying to hide the coax (it's
on a secluded side of the house), but I do want it to be neat and secure. I
have vinyl siding, any advice for attachment? (I've seen nail-on clips for
RG58/59 but none for RG8.) Also, is there any way to dress up the hole for
the coax? Maybe some kind of tube that has a flange? BTW, this is RG8.

--
Bob D. ND9B

Old May 7th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Bob D." wrote in message
m...
I'm about to string up some new coax and instead of fighting my attic,
I've decided to just go through the wall. I'm not trying to hide the coax
(it's on a secluded side of the house), but I do want it to be neat and
secure. I have vinyl siding, any advice for attachment? (I've seen nail-on
clips for RG58/59 but none for RG8.) Also, is there any way to dress up
the hole for the coax? Maybe some kind of tube that has a flange? BTW,
this is RG8.

--
Bob D. ND9B

If you only have one or two pieces of coax to run through the wall you may
want to look at one of the very long (6 ot 10 inch) barrel type connectors.
I think you can find some nail in clamps for conduit. It will be somewhat
bigger than the coax. Maybe some big staples made for wiring, just be sure
to find a solid board behind the vinyl to nail to.

Old May 7th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
jim jim is offline

hi,

please be sure to form a drip loop at the entrance to the house
to prevent water damage.

73 james
Old May 7th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Bob D. wrote:
I'm about to string up some new coax and instead of fighting my attic, I've
decided to just go through the wall. I'm not trying to hide the coax (it's
on a secluded side of the house), but I do want it to be neat and secure. I
have vinyl siding, any advice for attachment? (I've seen nail-on clips for
RG58/59 but none for RG8.) Also, is there any way to dress up the hole for
the coax? Maybe some kind of tube that has a flange? BTW, this is RG8.

Murphy Says "Once you run a piece of coax through the wall you are going to
want to run something else as well, but will find out too late that the hole
is too small for anything else!" Need I say more? :-)

Irv VE6BP
Old May 7th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
news8M%h.166417$aG1.72579@pd7urf3no...
Bob D. wrote:
I'm about to string up some new coax and instead of fighting my attic,
I've decided to just go through the wall. I'm not trying to hide the coax
(it's on a secluded side of the house), but I do want it to be neat and
secure. I have vinyl siding, any advice for attachment? (I've seen
nail-on clips for RG58/59 but none for RG8.) Also, is there any way to
dress up the hole for the coax? Maybe some kind of tube that has a
flange? BTW, this is RG8.

Murphy Says "Once you run a piece of coax through the wall you are going
want to run something else as well, but will find out too late that the
hole
is too small for anything else!" Need I say more? :-)

Irv VE6BP

I agree with that. I put a 3 or 4 inch hole in a house and put a piece of
PVC tubing through the hole. Then took some screen wire and wrapped it
around several coax and rotator cables comming through the pvc tube.
That was after the first two holes in the outside wall.

I moved and have 11 cables comming through the bottom part of a window in
the new house. Raised it a couple of inches, put a layer of foam insulation
down like you insualte copper pipes in the house with, then the coax,and
then another layer of the foam insulation. Then lowered the window on that.

Attic antenna not doing much [email protected] CB 5 May 7th 05 11:24 PM
Marion's Attic Anyone? Dan Shortwave 12 March 28th 05 05:28 AM
Attic HF anntenna? Jeff Lillard Antenna 3 May 31st 04 01:06 PM
Attic Antenna help? Russell Shortwave 3 November 24th 03 09:34 AM
Attic antenna Bob Antenna 8 September 1st 03 09:16 AM