Old May 13th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Oldridge Dave Oldridge is offline

Default Antennas led astray

"Jimmie D" wrote in
:

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 23:22:38 GMT, Dave Oldridge
wrote:

The same problem still exists. The cesium atom didn't
exist before the first super nova. How can the time
be calculated between the Big Bang and the first super
nova if cesium didn't exist?

There are other entropic processes that can be calibrated against the
cesium.

Hi Dave,

You have been snookered into answering a complaint manufactured (as
usual) from the misapplication of relationships. The resonance of
Cesium is not a function of time. Time is not a function of Cesium's
resonance (the incorrect correlation drawn, to which you are
responding).

There is no dependency between the two. It is our dependency in our
usage of one to measure the other. The sophism above is much like
saying sound did not exist before someone was close enough to hear
the falling tree. The excitation of gas molecules we call sound
existed long before the appearance of the first amoeba, much less
apes in falling trees. Both sound and time are phenomenological
terms for simple and rational physical processes that exist without
dependence on us.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Yes, time is about as much related to the vibration of a cesium atom
as it is to the pendulum im my grandfather clock.

Except we now define its unit in terms of the oscillations of a cesium
atom. And sure, it's relative. But, in the same reference frame as the
observer, the cesium clock is sufficient.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667