Old May 23rd 07, 11:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
mrhaney mrhaney is offline

Default Self Osc Problem

On May 23, 12:23 am, Jack Schmidling wrote:
I am building an exciter for my 8000 rig. 6AG7 VFO, 6CL6 buffer and 807
final.

I am plagued with the problem that resonance in the final does not agree
with peak power out.

The power peak (watt meter or light bulb) is a considerable twist south
of the plate current dip.

Looking at the output on a scope shows nothing strange about the wave
shape as the amplitude increases beyond the dip.

I have tried neutralizing with coupled links between the input and
output tanks but it makes no difference nor does anything else I have tried.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Jack K9ACT

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silverhttp://schmidling.com

Jack, am a believer in the grid dipper,double check the buffer and PA
tuning ,make sure that they are on frequency and not doubling .If 807
has Pi network,make sure cap C1 nd C2 are in ball park for tuning
range of each band..Handbook wll give these values...Unplug 807 and
make sure the 6AG7 is on freq and on resonance.. think you hae a good
choice with tube lineup.just need to get it to settle down...GL 73
Harold W4PQW