Old July 6th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Richard Richard is offline

Default Naming the title of your webpage

Hi.

I often search for people's web-published homebrew receiver, transmitter, or
transceiver projects.

Can I please encourage those that design these radios to try to conform to a
standard when choosing the title name of your webpages. That would make it
better when searching for radio projects.

I was thinking that a convention could be something like the examples below:

"DX Chaser 5" AM Multiband Receiver

"Super-smashing-great-all-singing-and-dancing DX sniffer" 20m Monoband SSB
receiver

"The better than Pixie" 30m CW Monoband Transciever

"Goblin 80/40" 80/40m CW/SSB Dual Band Tranceiver

"Babe Radio 77" 10m FM Monoband Transmitter

The thing is to try to name the page so that folks can put a search string
together i.e:

"CW Monoband Transceiver"

"SSB Monoband Transceiver"

"AM Multiband"

"80/40 CW/SSB" Transceiver

Etc etc.

Although I think maybe if one searches the name of the title page only,
there might not any advantage in using a search phrase.

It might even be good to put "homebrew" in the title as well.

Well, I think it's a good idea. :c)

I do find that I want to identify receivers only, transmitters only, and
transceivers only, and whether monoband (and what band) or multiband, and
what mode(s).

Perhaps someone can come up with a better naming convention.

Thanks.